Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pressure Plate Failed CC Clutch *pics*

X-roller

Reaction score
Well just like I thought at first.... The pressure plate failed on me and was causing horrible issues with my clutch.... I was having clutch issues and was wondering what it could be... I had a thread made and now I found the issue! I couldn't even drive it.... 2 of the 3 pressure points that press the plate onto the clutch were broken.... Oh yeah! it glazed the aluminum fidanza flywheel I have so now I have to purchase a new pad for it.... :fail:good thing the pads are easily replaced and only $50.... this is a stage 4 clutch and pressure plate combo.

421158_10150563686846417_650131416_9114147_1579125262_n.jpg

This is how it is supposed to look.....

401317_10150563689471417_650131416_9114149_367975638_n.jpg

This is how 2 of the 3 pressure points looked........... :thumbdown:
418037_10150563708366417_650131416_9114179_337061510_n.jpg

421647_10150563732331417_650131416_9114202_1823079933_n.jpg

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Damn man. That thing looks beat up besides the broken pieces. Maybe you rushed your motor install and messed something up. Improper torque or who knows what.

butters607

Reaction score
It looks as if it got beat up on the motor install all the scratches tell a story!

X-roller

Reaction score
Damn man. That thing looks beat up besides the broken pieces. Maybe you rushed your motor install and messed something up. Improper torque or who knows what.

It looks as if it got beat up on the motor install all the scratches tell a story!

lol... that was from when I took it out.... I just threw it on the floor after I saw those 2 points were broken... no need to be easy with something that is already destroyed :laugh: ... it's useless now so I didn't care to keep it scratch free.... The motor install has nothing to do with the failure of a pressure plate.... not even over torque would cause this. If you really think that a motor install caused this then you shouldn't ever install a motor.... Pressure plates are pretty solid and if you can break one in the process of putting your motor in then best believe you are going to break a lot more than just a pressure plate... :laugh:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Wtf??? Damn. Is there some kind of warranty or somethin for that?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
lol... that was from when I took it out.... I just threw it on the floor after I saw those 2 points were broken... no need to be easy with something that is already destroyed :laugh: ... it's useless now so I didn't care to keep it scratch free.... The motor install has nothing to do with the failure of a pressure plate.... not even over torque would cause this. If you really think that a motor install caused this then you shouldn't ever install a motor.... Pressure plates are pretty solid and if you can break one in the process of putting your motor in then best believe you are going to break a lot more than just a pressure plate... :laugh:

Maybe you should take a step back for a minute. I replaced my motor this past May and havent had a single leak or problem and almost 20000 miles since the swap so go eff yourself on the maybe i shouldnt swap a motor comment . Unlike yourself who has had numerous leaks and other issues. I hope you blow that thing up b4 u ever get into boost. Your claims of 700 plus hp and the fact u want to blow it up make me think you truly are are stupid and have no idea what your talking about

And unless you threw on the floor and kicked around you wouldnt get scratches and marks like that. You talk a lot of shit and ill just sit back till you prove me wrong, Good luck

Murderface

Reaction score
Damn wild Bill! Ha ha ha!

So obviously this pressure plate issue was done by ur drifting, not saying that drifting is abuse but u gotta expect some parts failures to occur from that type of driving.

So whatcha replacing it with?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Exact same way mine broke.... I made a thread on it with pics a few years ago if you feel like digging.
No idea why it happened, but there is some kind of issue with our trucks and that pressure plate. Whether it be a design issue on the clutch, or something in our shitty transmissions that is causing the failure.

So obviously this pressure plate issue was done by ur drifting, not saying that drifting is abuse but u gotta expect some parts failures to occur from that type of driving.

Drifting eh? Why is that so obviously the problem? I never did any drifting and mine did the same thing. :stupid:
Mine took a dump when my drag radials hooked pretty good at the strip.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Drifting/drag strip what's the difference? Truck isnt meant to handle that shock load dummy, something will break.

So who else has had this issue that doesn't beat on they're truck? I don't beat on mine no problems here

justin13703

Reaction score
Drifting eh? Why is that so obviously the problem? I never did any drifting and mine did the same thing. :stupid:
Mine took a dump when my drag radials hooked pretty good at the strip.
Yeah I think he was saying that its more strain on the components than normal driving, kinda like when drag radials hook at a strip lol. Either way its kinda weird how it failed.

Drifting/drag strip what's the difference? Truck isnt meant to handle that shock load dummy, something will break.

So who else has had this issue that doesn't beat on they're truck? I don't beat on mine no problems here
I drive mine pretty easy 75 percent of the time. CC Stage 3, no issues at all with mine.

Last edited:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Shaft mis aligned will do it in everytime. My whole clutch imploded...sleeve broke..shit happens...

Burnouts lil spirted driving bought it to drive it...casualties happen.. lol

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^ya Jason since we have no pilot bearing/bushing for our input shaft this is very well possible also.
Stupid Aisin Transmission!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I bought a clutch made for street/strip. I expect it to handle the weak ass launches that our trucks can muster. :stupid: Although its more than likely all due to the shitty trans design, I haven't seen any other pressure plates from other manufacturers fail like this one did.
Oh well its no longer an issue for me anymore anyway. T56 FTW!!!

lamecargo

Reaction score
I got the cc stage IV with the CC lightweight flywheel. I got it when I was turbo'd now sine I'm stock I just want a stocker back in there I'm sick of the chatter and my syncros are going out now. Hard the shift into 5th under high rpm and first gear grinds occasionally when coming to a stop....I have to completely stop and work it into first.....rant over....I'm not saying the clutches the reason for these problems. On the flip side anyone got a stock flywheel and clutch they want to donate to guy with a tired leg :D

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Every time I go to a drift event and i mention that that I have a comp clutch...laughter usually insues...

Im just waiting for the moment mine explodes, as its been making the most horrendous noises for over 15 k miles. ...I've actually gotten almost 30 k out of mine....10k miles ago showed ~40% life left in the plate, and small cracks are forming around the spring, and unusual wear arouns where the throwout bearing rides one..... Any all experienced drifters that I have talked to say the number 1 failure of comp clutch is the springs dislodging or the pressure plate failing.

X-rollers truck is just another statistic in my book....

I wish I knew about nst carrying spec clutches when I was in the market...-_-

X-roller drifts!??!?! This I gotta see...

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Every time I go to a drift event and i mention that that I have a comp clutch...laughter usually insues...

Im just waiting for the moment mine explodes, as its been making the most horrendous noises for over 15 k miles. ...I've actually gotten almost 30 k out of mine....10k miles ago showed ~40% life left in the plate, and small cracks are forming around the spring, and unusual wear arouns where the throwout bearing rides one..... Any all experienced drifters that I have talked to say the number 1 failure of comp clutch is the springs dislodging or the pressure plate failing.

X-rollers truck is just another statistic in my book....

I wish I knew about nst carrying ACT clutches when I was in the market...-_-

X-roller drifts!??!?! This I gotta see...

:laugh: yeah just for the hell of it though man... I don't do it for events like you do... i'm not that good... at least I don't think I am... as far as your spec comment... I would consider doing the "fix" i just made to your comment...

Maybe you should take a step back for a minute. I replaced my motor this past May and havent had a single leak or problem and almost 20000 miles since the swap so go eff yourself on the maybe i shouldnt swap a motor comment . Unlike yourself who has had numerous leaks and other issues. I hope you blow that thing up b4 u ever get into boost. Your claims of 700 plus hp and the fact u want to blow it up make me think you truly are are stupid and have no idea what your talking about

And unless you threw on the floor and kicked around you wouldnt get scratches and marks like that. You talk a lot of shit and ill just sit back till you prove me wrong, Good luck

:laugh: umadbro?

I think it's funny that some people act like little kids on a forum... reasons I come back.... because of little kids like you.... Yeah that pressure plate is scratched pretty badly because I threw it on the floor and the floor was asphalt and it was laying close to where the transmission and engine connect so it may have been kicked around a lot.... is that a good enough answer for you little boy? Only leak that I had was related to the fipg not settling even after letting it sit for almost 2 days! Next time I need some help with my motor i'll be sure and ask you a lot of questions so I know i'm doing it right since you know doing a motor swap makes a master tech all of a sudden...... I mean having a degree in automotive technology and have done it for years and worked at dealerships and mom and pop shops means nothing compared to your motor swap which gives you all the knowledge in the world about how strong and weak everything is and makes you a billy bad ass technician... :rofl: as far as you hoping I pop my motor before boost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm planning on popping it anyways who cares if I do that purposely!.... it's my money isn't it? so stick to your stock motor and go have fun with it just don't do any donuts.... :laugh:.... :top: Thanks for the luck!

I got the cc stage IV with the CC lightweight flywheel. I got it when I was turbo'd now sine I'm stock I just want a stocker back in there I'm sick of the chatter and my syncros are going out now. Hard the shift into 5th under high rpm and first gear grinds occasionally when coming to a stop....I have to completely stop and work it into first.....rant over....I'm not saying the clutches the reason for these problems. On the flip side anyone got a stock flywheel and clutch they want to donate to guy with a tired leg :D

Damn! wish you would have came up earlier... I would have given you mine!

Well seems like the CC has lost it's touch... looks like Muzzy is having problems too.... I'll probably give ACT a shot....Never will I ever run a spec.... again....

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Wow...did not notice that they carry act clutches too...nice! Now I know, what I'm getting next. :)

Funny...I had no issues what so ever doing, 2 gymkhanas, 3 drift events and half dozen autocrosses, 2 different open skid pad events and countless adventures out doing street drifting....on my stock of pan...and as you off all people should know, xroller, my motor never had any oiling issues...though, for some reason it wanted to eat a screw...:laugh:

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Had u and Kevin mixed up, some reason thought u were the drifter.

5000XD

Reaction score
You kids should just learn how to drive a ****ing stick lmao. You guys keep breaking shit and stuff.

Top Bottom