QA1 coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Arcenik, Apr 6, 2018.

1. imom

imom Member

How does one tighten the bolt/nuts if the DOM tube is welded to the plate and there's not a lot of room for the socket to go over the bolt...is it just open end wrench only?

AZ Sun Lover, what's the status on your welder/fab person... any updates on your part or parts he's making and then selling?

2. RS2008XR

RS2008XR Member

It's does seem to be on the high end but I understand as being a custom made piece in small numbers. I'm interested in getting a set made if the cost is no more than $200 shipped. Let me know.

3. SOHCmyDOHC

SOHCmyDOHC Member

I’d be down for a set that’s powder coated with hardware even if it’s more than $200

Beau likes this.
  4. TACOWHEELS

TACOWHEELS Member

I would be interested in a set as-well.

5. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

IMG_0562.JPG
    Here's a photo of the top plate water cut!

#105 AZ Sun Lover, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    RS2008XR likes this.
  6. imom

imom Member

I think what Quitin will provide sounds like a fair value. I have no issues with the $200...just want to see a sample of the finished product and to ensure that the tube will be welded dead center and not off with each mounting pair we get. I just don't want the tube off center on one plate and off center on another plate and have alignment issue is my concern. From what is described...it's sounds real nice...just want to see end product please.

I don't know how at $200 it would be on the high end if the end product is laser cut, welded, and powder coated, and comes with hardware. Seems very fair to me. I wonder if piecing out the work would cost so much more. I'm good with deposit...just want to see the goods first.

ToyotaNewbie97 likes this.
  7. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

Well Thanks imom!
    Quintin read your above comment and it kind of pissed him off!
    Most of his work is X-rayed and pulled apart with large machines to see what fails in his parts. Now because of your comment he said the price is now $260.

AZ

#107 AZ Sun Lover, Aug 29, 2018
  8. imom

imom Member

Please explain to me which comment I made that was so offensive. I saw a comment that RS2008XR stating that $200 was on the high end and I said that $200 was good value. So please ask Quintin which part is offensive? The fact that he wanted $200 for it and I agreed it's a good value? Any design and any drawing is going to have tolerances. Wanting to know what that tolerance should not be offensive. In any case, a person stands by their word.. if he said $200, it should be $200 just like a handshake. I never meant to offend Quintin.

9. SOHCmyDOHC

SOHCmyDOHC Member

Please stop while you’re ahead. No need to rile up the fabguy and blow any kind of coilover system he is willing to build for this small community. I read post #114 and could see why he would get riled up. So again, please don’t poke the bear. AZSL is doing this community a big favor and no need to piss off the fabguy.

AZ Sun Lover likes this.
  10. imom

imom Member

How am I poking the bear, the waterjet cut part looks great. There was complaints that $200 was high...I said it wasn't. I never intended to offend Quintin and just wanted to see the end product. I said it was a good deal for all that work. I think the OP that started this post was cool to get it going and AZ to get his guy to make the part. There's more to this story with me and AZ, but I'm trying to keep that separate.

But you are right... it's great that someone who has capabilities to make this part is cool to make it for this group.

11. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

Thank you sir!

AZ

#111 AZ Sun Lover, Aug 29, 2018
  12. Arcenik

Arcenik Member

I still don't get why he shakes his head at Dom tubing. Control arms, control arm bushings, roll cages, 4 links, bar ends, they are all made with Dom tubing, it is a practical solution for the mounts.

13. TACOWHEELS

TACOWHEELS Member

Wanted to see if I can hijack this thread for second and ask a question on the QA1 [TS703] single adjustable shocks. I'm getting ready to get a set to install on the rear and was curious if I would need any additional kit parts from QA1 to install? I was unsure if it was just a direct unbolt/bolt-in install on our trucks. Thanks!

14. RS2008XR

RS2008XR Member

Sorry no one responded, but hopefully you figured out it's a direct bolt-on. Really good shocks for the XR and the respond very well to the adjustment settings.

15. RS2008XR

RS2008XR Member

Any updates on the mounts? Any idea when you get your set and test it out? If the price went up, still interested.

LAzevedo likes this.
  16. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

I'm Truly Sorry guys for what I'm about to say‼️

Now here's the BAD News he said he's no longer interested in building these mounts. ( Please don't shoot the messenger! )

Sorry guys I'm trying my best to help these come to market.

AZ

#116 AZ Sun Lover, Sep 6, 2018
  17. TACOWHEELS

TACOWHEELS Member

Thanks for letting me know! Anybody know if these QA1 [TS703] shocks will accommodate a height drop range in the rear from 1.5" to 3" inches from the stock height?

18. AZ Sun Lover

AZ Sun Lover Member

1.5" Yes, 3" No, unless it's with blocks. Do not bottom out the shocks because you will waste them‼️

19. RS2008XR

RS2008XR Member

Well this is a big disapointment. I guess we're on our own to get the mounts. Just started receiving the QA1's from summit racing afer getting a great labor day $50 discount, so I'll want to get them mounted sometime soon.

20. TACOWHEELS

TACOWHEELS Member

Thanks-good to know. I'm only using lowered leaf springs. I assume they would be ok at a 2" drop then?