Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QA1 lowering kit

MaK10-XRnR

Reaction score
But I will⚠️
I have a New set of QA-1 of the correct Front & Rear Shocks I never installed. I decided to stick with what I have.
Sorry I sold all the rest and don’t have anymore top mounts and will not have any more made.

AZ

haha i know you will. you were messaging me on Tacoma World.

WoodyWood

Reaction score
But I will⚠️
I have a New set of QA-1 of the correct Front & Rear Shocks I never installed. I decided to stick with what I have.
Sorry I sold all the rest and don’t have anymore top mounts and will not have any more made.

AZ
Hey still got the QA-1s? I'm looking to do full suspension to my 06 X but not sure exactly what I need or the best places to get it from. Thinking I want QA-1's but I'm still a noob when it comes to suspension set ups for our trucks or the best way to go. I wanted to start a thread and get ppls advice but I dont think it will let me since I'm still new. Let me know if you can help and nice to meet ya. WoodyWood

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Woody,
Sorry I just now saw your message (I’m not getting notifications from here still) and I got a deposit on the QA1 parts I have but I have no idea if they are going to pay the rest. Truthfully I bet they will back out but time will tell...

Randy

WoodyWood

Reaction score
Where did you buy the QA-1s and how old are they? Also do you know much about spring sizes and how people decide? I'm new to this and having a hard time finding a QA-1 kit that are listed to fit our trucks and am trying to figure out what all I will need to get. I'm also looking to do leaf springs and any other bars and bushings and stuff that will help. Maybe not a traction bar just yet as I want to see how much the suspension helps and then drop the $500+ if I need to on the URD one unless someone makes a good one cheaper that anyone knows of. Let me know how you decided on what to get if you have some time and I'll go over these other qa-1 threads and learn what i can. Thanks

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Woody,
Very Sadly this forum is about to die like the X-runner did with Toyota.
I don’t know Jack about Suspension but what I have learned the hard way. I have learned that almost all don’t have scales to find what one truly needs for front spring rates and just running a stiff spring is not the way to get the best performance. With too much spring rate the tires will lose contact with the road surface. Spring rates need to be correct! Then you control the spring with the shock. Swaybar’s are also a unloaded spring. Also not all 525 in/lbs springs are the same! You might want to read this tread as the OP has been active on it and or will reply. I’ve tried a few different spring manufactures and so far I would say spend the few extra $$ to get a quality spring. So far I like Hyperco I’m trying a set of Swift springs next. They are almost 2 times the price of others on the market. Last but not least there is NOT a kit for the Tacoma 5 lug truck Ie X-runner. They are nothing but DIY projects and I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND Strictly Street over priced parts! Plus you be lucky if they would reply to a request to purchase. I’ve had QA1’s and Viking’s and for the extra money I stick with QA1’s. The only reason I went with Vikings is because they make a size shorter that fit my needs better. QA1 has bigger jumps between sizes. Keep reading and doing research you catch on.
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/5lug-coilovers.541417/

AZ

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Last but not least there is NOT a kit for the Tacoma 5 lug truck Ie X-runner. They are nothing but DIY projects and I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND Strictly Street over priced parts! Plus you be lucky if they would reply to a request to purchase.

Pricing is subjective. If it's too pricey for you, move on. It's also part of our forum rules. That being said what I would really disagree with is his lack of response. I've had very good communication with @easts1d3 (Strictly Street). As you stated the traffic on the forums has really dropped because of social media and our niche market. Many of the vendors only check in periodically, even I don't get on every single day sometimes.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Pricing is subjective. If it's too pricey for you, move on. It's also part of our forum rules. That being said what I would really disagree with is his lack of response. I've had very good communication with @easts1d3 (Strictly Street). As you stated the traffic on the forums has really dropped because of social media and our niche market. Many of the vendors only check in periodically, even I don't get on every single day sometimes.

LOL... SS wouldn’t even reply to direct messages Three times‼️
I also contacted Viking to let them know they made a mistake taking them on as a vendor. SS did absolutely no research his RND is Ripoff N Duplicate...
If you want to kiss up to him be my guest... I’m done here & I have no reason to return again. If you like to go back and read? I tried to help members here get top mounts, I paid a builder up front for brackets only to be left eating the cost. So trying to help out members here cost me money out of my own pocket... So you do what you want I don’t give a $h!t anymore. My 02. cents is QA1 are a better bang for the buck... I paid retail for both and that’s my .02 cents.
Again if you like to band from this site be my guest...

AZ

blu xr

Reaction score
LOL... SS wouldn’t even reply to direct messages Three times‼️
I also contacted Viking to let them know they made a mistake taking them on as a vendor. SS did absolutely no research his RND is Ripoff N Duplicate...
If you want to kiss up to him be my guest... I’m done here & I have no reason to return again. If you like to go back and read? I tried to help members here get top mounts, I paid a builder up front for brackets only to be left eating the cost. So trying to help out members here cost me money out of my own pocket... So you do what you want I don’t give a $h!t anymore. My 02. cents is QA1 are a better bang for the buck... I paid retail for both and that’s my .02 cents.
Again if you like to band from this site be my guest...

AZ

hey man thanks for all youve done for this forum...

i think maybe it came off wrong. your opinion can and should be heard...i dont think anyone has any issues with that.
the thing is that the rules say you are not to complain about the price set by the seller. if its overpriced, no one will buy it.

peace...and please stick around

Top Bottom