Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question About URD TCAI

Sykotic336

Reaction score
uhm for those of you who have it installed without the maf cal does it seems to drain the gas a little faster with normal driving habits? or maybe its me?

wshsbears

Reaction score
uhm for those of you who have it installed without the maf cal does it seems to drain the gas a little faster with normal driving habits? or maybe its me?

ur getting more air and colder air, so yes. it does drain the gas a "lil" faster. but ur getting more power. a little meaning probably .5 mpg less. shouldn't be noticeable. plus u get to enjoy the extra power..

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
your leaning the motor out a little bit so you're using slightly less gas...

the only reason you might see a slight decrease in milage is because you got your foot in it more then you used to because its funner to drive :rock:

Sykotic336

Reaction score

the only reason you might see a slight decrease in milage is because you got your foot in it more then you used to because its funner to drive :rock:
mmm i usually shift at 2k rpm in each gear and i can see it going down little by little like its more noticeable because yesterday i filled up till 3/4 tank now im almost little over half and thats only with 20-25 miles that i put on today and i have really passed 3k.... Le SigH... lol

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can say that I have definitely noticed a decrease in gas mileage. But I can also say that it's because I take it to redline a lot more often b/c I love the sound. :driver:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I can say that I have definitely noticed a decrease in gas mileage. But I can also say that it's because I take it to redline a lot more often b/c I love the sound. :driver:
lol i wish i could hear the sound never heard it yet because the higher i go the more louder my exhaust gets and let me tell you its •XR•XR•XR•XRing loud lol, outside in the cab whereever all you hear is "braaa braaahh brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh " "pshhhh" lol i wish tho

wshsbears

Reaction score
mmm i usually shift at 2k rpm in each gear and i can see it going down little by little like its more noticeable because yesterday i filled up till 3/4 tank now im almost little over half and thats only with 20-25 miles that i put on today and i have really passed 3k.... Le SigH... lol

dang.. u treat 3k like i treat redline.. im on it from every light unless the wifey gets on me about it. i get between 12-14mpg consistently. enjoy it.

wshsbears

Reaction score
lol i wish i could hear the sound never heard it yet because the higher i go the more louder my exhaust gets and let me tell you its •XR•XR•XR•XRing loud lol, outside in the cab whereever all you hear is "braaa braaahh brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh " "pshhhh" lol i wish tho

i guarantee that u can hear the intake over the exhaust. u will still hear the exhaust loud and clear, but the intake is much louder.

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
dang.. u treat 3k like i treat redline.. im on it from every light unless the wifey gets on me about it. i get between 12-14mpg consistently. enjoy it.

ahahha im supercharged and i've constantly got my foot in it and i still get 15-17 racing around in the city!

Sykotic336

Reaction score
i guarantee that u can hear the intake over the exhaust. u will still hear the exhaust loud and clear, but the intake is much louder.
well if you ever have time just unbolt your exhaust from your y-pipe and run that lol, thats what im running and when the gas is on is freakishly loud... and i cant hear squat from the intake lol

Bobby B

Reaction score
I was getting 12.5 MPG after my URD TCAI install, then I got tuned and it still is low around 14 MPH but I do have my foot in it all the time. Highway miles ate really good though.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
yyyyyyyyyyyy
eh? lol cause i like it loud? lol except when it tones down and it rattles the heat shield makes it sound retarted but i turn soo much heads lol. You could say i have a v8 but theres a big difference in tone from a v6. Man i sound like a noob tryna sound smart ahaha

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I was getting 12.5 MPG after my URD TCAI install, then I got tuned and it still is low around 14 MPH but I do have my foot in it all the time. Highway miles ate really good though.
thats how fast you go? lol j/k

yayxrunner707

Reaction score

yes you do. you can tell when its suckin air into the engine. omg. the feeling is incredible. you must get it. ive been driving around just to floor the pedal to hear my headers and the intake.

Nicodemus454

Reaction score
yes you do. you can tell when its suckin air into the engine. omg. the feeling is incredible. you must get it. ive been driving around just to floor the pedal to hear my headers and the intake.
im the one who sold sykotic his kit!

but i was in the same boat he is in when i had it on my truck... I could almost NEVER hear the intake... The only time i could hear it is if i was right in front of a wall and stepped on it i'd hear a slight hiss for a split second then my exhaust would overwhelm it - and my exhaust isnt THAT loud... Y pipe with a borla...

Sykotic336

Reaction score
when i gas it i can feel when she starts sucking in cause i get pulled back into my chair more than stock :D and now i gotta throw in a tt or just get blown:rock:

Top Bottom