Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

question on projectors morimoto d2s 3.0

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
so I recently upgraded my HIDs to the morimoto d2s 3.0 kit The lights look great. My only concern is all the jumping I see them doing as I'm driving. I feel like the bouncing on the lights cutoff line is pretty bad at times. I have my truck lowered with the coil-overs in front and the mono leafs in back. Does anyone else notice a lot of jumping with the cutoff line on the lights ( whether the d2s kit or any other retro fits). Ive asked friends if they notice the lights jumping around if I'm behind them driving, but they didn't notice anything. I just don't want it to look like I'm constantly flashing my high beams every time I hit a bump. Is this what they mean with the light flicker on the morimotos?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
As long as everything is tight it's fine. You are adding extra weight to the reflector bowls making them front heavy so there will be some bouncing while driving

metalpeddler88

Reaction score
I have the FX-R's, but I've noticed some "bouncing" too. My ride is stock height though. Mostly got used to it, but sometimes it still bothers me (over railroads or real bumpy sections).

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
Thanks Babyboi2284 that makes sense. do you guys think its really noticeable from on coming traffic or cars in front. I got everything as tight as could. The 3.0 d2s kit has a new lock nut and I had to shave down the tabs in the back where everything locks into place. Thanks for your guys input

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
projectors as mounted to your headlight, and your headlight moves as your car does, so to answer your question, IT Should move with every bump your truck goes over, with the exception that you installed a couple thousand dollar auto leveling system which I HIGHLY doubt.

You should only worry if you projector/beam is bouncing like a bobble head when your truck is at a stand still. :)

and to as far as to how it affects others, it might be blinding at times, and they will notice but majority of the time you should be fine, and You have projectors so they cant ask for much more because 1) that's stock vehicles have(providing that your projectors are aimed correctly) and 2) Its NOT like you are another one of those ghetto assholes that just puts in a $100 HID kit without projectors and not give 2 f*cks.

Top Bottom