Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rear Tailgate Spoiler

fbjxr

Reaction score
does anyone have the rear tailgate spoiler. i think i want to get one. can you post pics of the inside of the bed so i can see if i would tear it up loading bikes.

REG CAB X

Reaction score
does anyone have the rear tailgate spoiler. i think i want to get one. can you post pics of the inside of the bed so i can see if i would tear it up loading bikes.

nxrunner has one on his truck. I think it looks better than not having it. Maybe he can post the pics for you.

And Bobby it's not like it's one of those 5 foot tall aluminum wings that make your vehicle look like a lawnmower. The stock toyota accessory actually is tastefully done.

fbjxr

Reaction score
what about a pic of the inside of the bed? please

07xrunner

Reaction score
i think it looks good ...wouldnt mind having one myself

wshsbears

Reaction score
i have one. i've loaded a bike into my bed with it on.. basically its flat on top like the regular tailgate protector and when u lay down the tailgate the wing goes at like a 45degree angle towards the ground.. unless ur bike ramp is really heavy duty.. the overlap part goes on top of the tailgate and the rails sit on the flat part before the wing starts. it'll work just fine, if u have issues with it, take off ur tailgate, it's probably safer like that neways. i like it b/c it makes the tailgate the same height as the bed rails.

stevenredx
it would look off being color matched b/c the top of the bed rails r black plastic as well. plus for people loading bikes and such it'll get scratched up anyways.

morcheez

Reaction score
a year after seeing this i am still undecided :dontknow:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Aerodinamically does it work? Or is it just for looks? Cause I don't see it having any purpose. All the airflow goes into the bed and hit's the inside part of the tailgait and causes resistance.

nxrunner

Reaction score
Here is a side by side shot of my truck and Alaxrunner's.

100_0862.jpg

100_0861.jpg

And a shot right after I installed it.

100_0329.jpg

Matt's06

Reaction score
Aerodinamically does it work? Or is it just for looks? Cause I don't see it having any purpose. All the airflow goes into the bed and hit's the inside part of the tailgait and causes resistance.
No, I can't see that it does anything except look cool.

Bobby B

Reaction score
do you even know what i am talking about? its a factory piece that takes place of the existing plastic cover that is on the top of the tailgate.

If you want to but a wing on your XR by all means do so. That one doesn't look half bad. IMO wings don't belong on trucks. But then again what do I know I have a Sponge Bob licence plate frame on XR, call it lame, gay, dumb whatever I like it. Go get you a wing bradah!
:top: Dōmo arigatō

Stevenredx

Reaction score
If you want to but a wing on your XR by all means do so. That one doesn't look half bad. IMO wings don't belong on trucks. But then again what do I know I have a Sponge Bob licence plate frame on XR, call it lame, gay, dumb whatever I like it. Go get you a wing bradah!

Lol... sorry... i was just thinking about that sponge bob plate cover :laugh:

But just like you said, if your happy with who gives a f*** what others thank :top:

07xrunner

Reaction score
sponge bob is awsome man :rock:

07SWB

Reaction score
its ok i have the mind of a child too.

abotu the spoiler, i might buy one and then have the part that is against the tailgate painted to match. i dont like how there is so much black there, i would break it up with some blue. hmm ideas, ideas, ideas.

Top Bottom