Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rearview Camera Problem

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Yesterday the monitor in the rearview mirror stopped working and the light on the mirror started blinking. I still get the beep when it's put in reverse but nothing else. Any ideas on which fuse or circuit the mirror is connected to or any idea on what happened??

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
If your still on warranty I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it. Take it back to Toyota and let them figure it out. Not necessary to put subject yourself to more stress for no reason.

Slay0r

Reaction score
brian- u did the cam delete mod!? its pretty cool, i did mine a while back lol

thats what warrantys are for, let a toyota tech rack their brains about it

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
That's the part that sucks cuz I'm gonna have a hard time trying to get them to give me a loaner while they do the work. They have to prove it's warranty work before they will give me a loaner on their dime. It doesn't bother me to drop it off but I can't be without a vehicle.

I check the power and ground to my rearview camera and both work when I out it in reverse so my guess us my mirror crapped out!! And idea if my warranty will cover the mirror or will I have to buy another one??

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
That's the part that sucks cuz I'm gonna have a hard time trying to get them to give me a loaner while they do the work. They have to prove it's warranty work before they will give me a loaner on their dime. It doesn't bother me to drop it off but I can't be without a vehicle.

I check the power and ground to my rearview camera and both work when I out it in reverse so my guess us my mirror crapped out!! And idea if my warranty will cover the mirror or will I have to buy another one??

I don't think there is much to prove. Unless you have a bunch of interior mods that messed around with the wiring it should be hassle free. IDK about American Toyota dealers but in Canada they give you a complementary shuttle, even if it isn't warranty work.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I don't have any interior mods besides a kenwood HU and I have the Toyota harness on it. Imma give them a call and let them know what's going on with it. And the hell with a shuttle lol...the closest yota dealer is 30 minutes away. Hopefully my transmission will make the squealing noise it's been making the last couple weeks so they can check that out also. I just don't feel like taking my coupe shifter out!!

butters607

Reaction score
I don't have any interior mods besides a kenwood HU and I have the Toyota harness on it. Imma give them a call and let them know what's going on with it. And the hell with a shuttle lol...the closest yota dealer is 30 minutes away. Hopefully my transmission will make the squealing noise it's been making the last couple weeks so they can check that out also. I just don't feel like taking my coupe shifter out!!

dude I've never taken out my short shifter and they worked on my vehicle still with no issues they replaced the syncros

Slay0r

Reaction score
brian, ull be fine just take it in. worry about fuses n stuff when they tell u to go **** off lol

Jizaldo

Reaction score
Might as well tell them that your heater/AC fan is squeaking too.

Top Bottom