Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Redline mt-90

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Finally got the redline oil in for my tranny today cant wait to switch it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 287

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
awesome! idk why Toyota puts such shitty lubricant on a transmission they know has issues smh

gotta do what you can to make it easier on that poor tranny

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
awesome! idk why Toyota puts such shitty lubricant on a transmission they know has issues smh

gotta do what you can to make it easier on that poor tranny

Def man hopefully it will help it last a little longer . So far at 30k miles its smooth.. Toyota should atleast put good quality oil in if theyre not gonna address the tranny issues

justin13703

Reaction score
When I replaced my transmission since it went out at 60k miles, typical, I didn't have time to order redline so I went to the dealership and got factory trans fluid for it. And that stuff is some no name brand stuff I've never heard of before. I can't even remember the name of it. The sad thing is my last transmission had redline in it and it still took a dump at 60k miles. I agree with what gadget says, there is honestly no recommended oil change interval for the factory trans because they don't expect them to last long enough to need an oil change lol. Just keep replacing transmissions. Redline is good stuff though.

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
When I replaced my transmission since it went out at 60k miles, typical, I didn't have time to order redline so I went to the dealership and got factory trans fluid for it. And that stuff is some no name brand stuff I've never heard of before. I can't even remember the name of it. The sad thing is my last transmission had redline in it and it still took a dump at 60k miles. I agree with what gadget says, there is honestly no recommended oil change interval for the factory trans because they don't expect them to last long enough to need an oil change lol. Just keep replacing transmissions. Redline is good stuff though.

I went to the dealer to check on some oil for tranny an they brought out a bottle of oil named Xtreme and it was 80w-90 they didnt even know the correct weight or type of oil to use, i was like i will order it on my own haha .. At least with the redline or other good oil an regular maintenance youll know you tried to make it last a little longer even if it doesnt help, piece of mind i guess haha jus my opinion tho no offense. Sure hurts the pocket alot more replacing tranny than if they would actually build them with good parts like they used too

giox

Reaction score
now i know

mine has 52500 miles perfectly fine

Last edited:

TRON

Reaction score
I have mt-90 and in the summer months; it works great... the winter months not so good

X-FREAK

Reaction score
The Aisin RA60 that are in our trucks are only rated to 345 ft lbs of torque. Its also used the the lexus IS250 6 spd and the V6 camero and a few others. Alot of use modded S/C guys are above that. I've taken them apart before. The main down falls are all single syncroed gears, aluminum 1 piece front case (Causing throwout bearing walk/noise), The shift fork have plastic pads that can wear/break and cause incorrect gear mesh and popping out of gear. IMO if you do single gear pulls and am otherwise easy on it they hold up. If your dumping the clutch and driving it like a race car its gonna pop like a firecracker on the 4th of july.

justin13703

Reaction score
The Aisin RA60 that are in our trucks are only rated to 345 ft lbs of torque. Its also used the the lexus IS250 6 spd and the V6 camero and a few others. Alot of use modded S/C guys are above that. I've taken them apart before. The main down falls are all single syncroed gears, aluminum 1 piece front case (Causing throwout bearing walk/noise), The shift fork have plastic pads that can wear/break and cause incorrect gear mesh and popping out of gear. IMO if you do single gear pulls and am otherwise easy on it they hold up. If your dumping the clutch and driving it like a race car its gonna pop like a firecracker on the 4th of july.

The sad part is these junk transmissions have failed on many completely stock trucks. Yeah mine is supercharged, but it has never been beaten on. Making a vid for the 40-90 acceleration thread was as hard as I think it's ever been driven lol

Just curious but where did you get that torque rating number? While the transmissions are crap, I've never really seen one "pop" or come apart. It's always the crap components, synchros, clutches, tob, shift fork etc that fail

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Yea mine is kinda grabby till it warms up but smooth after that. And it seems if it gets till its not shifting smooth u can run it thru the gears an get on it a lil it smooths out sounds crazy i know but it seems diff at the shifter anyway haha

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
Mt-90 finally in and it seems to of made a big difference.. Or just feels diff because i know its in there haha

TRDreams

Reaction score
Overpriced, buy amsoil if youve got money to spend on nice fluids!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
MT-90 is great stuff. I run it in my truck. Zero complaints, huge upgrade over OEM.

Top Bottom