Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLine MT90 upgrade

gunner76137

Reaction score
Did my URD short shifter last week but didn't get the RedLine MT90 put in and was having problems grindind 2nd at higher rpm's.
So I did this during lunch at work, havn't driven it yet but to pull it out from the back of the building. But it seemed to even shift easier in to reverse
I still remember how much easier and better it was to shift In Ol'Blue after i did this mod.
Looking forward to checking it out in the morning

gunner76137

Reaction score
Wow what a difference !!! Not only did it not grind second but it got the back end loose. LOL
RedLines not cheap but well worth the time and money to do.
And it only take about half the effort to hit reverse.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
This stuff really is great. Only stuff I put in my trans!

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Totally agree man I couldn't believe how much smoother it was when I put MT90 in when I installed my short shifter. Definitely a night and day difference and highly recommend it

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the best on the market. Engine and transmission. Even for the T56. just runs better.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Is a similar fluid swap recommended for the autos?

ATs require periodic fluid & filter changes. Check your service manual for interval. It's better to have your system flushed if you own an AT.

MTs, on the other hand, only require a drain & refill with a specific gear oil. Much simpler to service...simpler to rebuild...

Blasphemous

Reaction score
ATs require periodic fluid & filter changes. Check your service manual for interval. It's better to have your system flushed if you own an AT.

MTs, on the other hand, only require a drain & refill with a specific gear oil. Much simpler to service...simpler to rebuild...

I've read mixed results on complete flushes on our ATs.

Between and flush and a drain and fill I'm not sure what is best. I'm nowhere near needing either, just wondering if there is a tranny fluid that would help my auto out a bit when the time is due (I only have 10k miles on the truck).

Edgeman

Reaction score
I've read mixed results on complete flushes on our ATs.

Between and flush and a drain and fill I'm not sure what is best. I'm nowhere near needing either, just wondering if there is a tranny fluid that would help my auto out a bit when the time is due (I only have 10k miles on the truck).

Not sure about any upgraded AT fluids, but you can't go wrong with OEM. Remember if you do it (a drain & fill) yourself, pay close attention to torque specifications. Haven't done a Toyota, but on other ATs, the filter torque may be in inch pounds (vice foot lbs, or pound feet). Also the pan bolts usually don't require a lot of torque either...

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
yeah had it in there maybe alittle over a week and it was an awesome change compared to those stock fluids

Top Bottom