Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reverse light

phfireman

Reaction score
Ok so I got a LED tailgate light bar. The one I have also can be used as a revers light. It is a very simple install process minus one thing. The reverse light portion of the light bar needs to go to the positive wire for the reverse lights. I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with this. I am not sure which wire it is that is the positive reverse light wire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping that a line of leds that act as a brake light, running light, and turn signals will help deter moronic drivers from running into the back of me.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hmm sounds like u need a diagram or try check with a meter...

phfireman

Reaction score
Awesome, so long as it doesn't start raining today I will hopefully be able to get this on. Thanks for the help I will try to get some pics and maybe some video of it tonight after it is all on. Up and running.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Have your wire cutters, stripper, solder and all ready? Not doing a scotchlock are you?

Reaction score
Nice write up in TC .....a little too many electrical mods and hardware showing for me.

05TacoXRunner

Reaction score
maybe pick up a cheap 12v test light to help find the hot wire. They usually are like $5 at the hardware store.

Good Luck!

Post some pictures!

phfireman

Reaction score
Ok well the weather didn't hold out but I did get my light bar on tonight. Unfortunately no camera with me tonight since I am at work. Don't think I will be able to get pictures until Friday sometime. Thanks all for the help.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it all came together for ya but as the saying goes....
This thread is worthless without pics:top:

phfireman

Reaction score
Lightson.jpg
This is when the lights are on
brakelightwithlightson.jpg
This is the brake light when the lights are on
leftturn.jpg
rightturn.jpg
reverselights.jpg
Reverse lights. It is the red wire going to the lights that is the hot wire going to them for anyone else who is wondering.
My next thing is going to be LED rear taillights. So that no dumbass can say they didn't see me when they were driving behind me.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
NICE!

hows it look from inside the cab?
I know with tint, its a lil harder to see out the back at night....Im wondering if this is a good alternative.

ATLonX

Reaction score
I like it! That definitely makes the truck stand out more at night.

And you could get the LEDs for the reverse lights (921's I think) in the mean time to match your new light bar (it makes it a little easier to see out the back with window tint when reversing)

Top Bottom