Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roadtrip Help Oregon Peeps

XR-Franciscoo

Reaction score
Hi There! I'm moving to California from Washington. I have everything planned except when it comes to driving through the mountains of Oregon and California. I done that drive plenty of times, but always in the summer. This time it will be during last week of December and first of January and then again in the month of February. I will be going on the I-5
Does it snow during that time? and if does how bad. I only have summer tires on my truck. I have chains and I'll have a motorcycle on my bed so that will be some weight. Any help will be much appreciated.

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
i run snow tires in the snow and have never had to use my chains ever. i have driven in whiteout conditions just fine. you may think about some snow tires if it is snowing? but chains will easily get you past the bad spots if it is snowing. your truck will do fine especially if your caring a bike in the back. just my .02

XR-Franciscoo

Reaction score
I don't plan on buying snow tires since it will probably be the last time I ever see snow if it is snowing. How are the driving conditions on the hwy 101? or are they the same on the i-5? hahaha Full of questions, I really hate snow, I'm happy im leaving it. hehehe

Kolt45

Reaction score
101 ihas almost never snow or ice, no passes, but WAY slow and twisty. I-5 has Grants pass (which SUCKS in snow), small pass between Roseburg and Eugene, then your clear to Portland. Depending on the storms, it can be really bad driving. We can have upto 2-4"+ of snow in the hills, with IDIOT drivers. Watch the Feb trip, we tend to get alot of snow later in the winter/spring. Hope it helps.
-Kolt

Top Bottom