Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rust under console

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
While taking my shifter out, I noticed that almost all the exposed steel is rusted. Anyone else have this issue? My first truck was new when I installed the short shifter so I was surprised to see this on a truck that's only 4 years old.

Attachments

• InteriorRust.jpg
    InteriorRust.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 275

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Hmm mine isn't like that at all. It's pretty dirty down there but no rust

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Forgot about those components as well.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm sure I'll see more when I start sound deadening. Maybe I'll hit them with some rustoleum or brush some rust convertor on if I gut the interior. For the shift boot frame I just hit it with a wire wheel and sprayed it down with rust inhibitor after I got it shiny again.
IMG_20161205_213412.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161205_210817.jpg
    IMG_20161205_210817.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 243

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks brand new. Good job.

It just means that a few pennies were saved by not having to coat those metal parts. Pull your radio out and check those brackets as well. I am sure you'll find more.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Looks brand new. Good job.

It just means that a few pennies were saved by not having to coat those metal parts. Pull your radio out and check those brackets as well. I am sure you'll find more.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting to see. I was just initially paranoid because I didn't want to find out that I somehow ended up with a flood vehicle. If there's anything I've learned in my history of pre-owned vehicles it's that Carfax doesn't usually know the whole story

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting to see. I was just initially paranoid because I didn't want to find out that I somehow ended up with a flood vehicle. If there's anything I've learned in my history of pre-owned vehicles it's that Carfax doesn't usually know the whole story
That was my worry when i looked under the brake pedal to run some wiring or abs killswitch (cant remember).
I seen the brake pedal bracket with surface rust and panic set in.. i spoke to a tech i know on the side and he said its normal.

Crappy, but again he said normal.

Top Bottom