Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S/C Tundra @ SIR

hrspwr236

Reaction score
that is an awesome launch, a tundra would be sweet with a s/c but there is no way that i could pay for the gas

Super Werty

Reaction score
it was the mustang making all the tire squeal. He did the entire 1/4 mile in 4x4. He ran out of time to do more/better runs because he didnt have a helmet. BTW that is an great time for what he has. To put things in perspective, the mustang was blown as well:top:

remember this was at 3075 ft with 35% humidity and 75*

my best that night was 14.5 @ 94

Ive seen his exact same truck stock run there before and it was 15.9 and some 16's...so he is doing very well

and yes his trd s/c came with the trd filter which is slitghly different than the actual trd intake.....look at the picture vs the link on page one I posted

rat7761

Reaction score
I'm going by an old timeslip of mine...

660': 8.456
660' MPH: 86.93
1320': 12.802
1320' MPH: 106.79

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I'm going by an old timeslip of mine...

660': 8.456
660' MPH: 89.63
1320': 12.802
1320' MPH: 106.79

way higher trap in the 8th, meaning a lot more pickup then that truck. with his low 80 trap, he is still in the 13s, unless he cuts sub 2.0 60's. espically with all that weight.

rat7761

Reaction score
Too bad he didn't run on a 1/4 mile track so we could see what it would do. I also had a typo on the 660' MPH. Should be 86.93 MPH.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
The Tundra 5.7 with the TRD Supercharger is a very strong running truck. The URD shop truck has the supercharger on it and it really hauls asss.

I had a load of exhaust systems in the bed today and was really giving a Carrara S a run for his money. He kept trying to loose me and I stayed right up with him in a great big pickup with a load in the bed. It is a real blast.

The last couple of days I was blasting around in a single cab short bed with a new URD prototype product on it and that truck was a real hoot to drive. It really needs deep bucket seats...

Gadget

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
The last couple of days I was blasting around in a single cab short bed with a new URD prototype product on it and that truck was a real hoot to drive. It really needs deep bucket seats...

Gadget

You and your non-divulging ways....:motz:

|v3nom|

"Speed Fresh"
Reaction score
damn thats nice only if we could have awd we could be in the 12's

not quite, youre still WAY TOO HEAVY to run 13s stock with awd. youd be over 4k lbs and with only 230~hp and 260~ft/lb. blown might be possible 12s but youd need a few supporting mods other than just the s/c. id still drive it.

Still doesn't change the fact that a 4WD launch is better.

2wd has better top end though which could prolly make up for the lack of 4wd with slicks. although it would be pretty cool to drop the clutch at 4k+ and just go...that is if your tranny didnt leave as well lol.

Last edited:

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
not quite, youre still WAY TOO HEAVY to run 13s stock with awd. youd be over 4k lbs and with only 230~hp and 260~ft/lb. blown might be possible 12s but youd need a few supporting mods other than just the s/c. id still drive it.

2wd has better top end though which could prolly make up for the lack of 4wd with slicks. although it would be pretty cool to drop the clutch at 4k+ and just go...that is if your tranny didnt leave as well lol.

He was talking about being AWD and S/C'd just so you know.

As long as the trannies could take it, or just slip the hell out of your clutch...

|v3nom|

"Speed Fresh"
Reaction score
s/c'd with good tires. obviously youd need a completely new tranny, say r34 6spd for example :D, thatd be a sweet tranny. that tranny could prolly take it s/c'd, otherwise thats one heck of a clutch slip lol.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
s/c'd with good tires. obviously youd need a completely new tranny, say r34 6spd for example :D, thatd be a sweet tranny. that tranny could prolly take it s/c'd, otherwise thats one heck of a clutch slip lol.

No need for a new transmission, just upgraded clutch to support the power.

If you really want to get the best times out of your truck, you know you will be pushing its limits. So something will break if you track it often.

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
My dealership just installed the first S/C on the tundra in Canada.. and when the tech was done he took me on the road test and GOOD GOD!! the launches are freaking RIDICULOUS!!!! and all you hear is the S/C wind up when he touches the gas whether its to accel normally or punch it.. not to mention this S/C went on a 6" lifted Crew Max.. and still hauls ASS!

Top Bottom