Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCCA Autocross in my X @ FIRM - 11/17/13

fuseaku

Reaction score
Here's a quick video I made of my third and fastest run at the Florida International Rally & Motorsports Park in Starke, FL this past weekend. I raced in the STX class against a bunch of faster cars. The X held its' own and I had a great time, thankfully a Mustang took the last place spot and not me! :top:

Enjoy!
[youtube]g2qRjztcxSU[/youtube]

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Not, looks like a hole lot of fun, really wish they would have some autocross events near me to try it out!

fuseaku

Reaction score
Sweet.... What's your suspension mods?

All I have is the XII Performance Street Drop kit and it makes an already great handling truck even better. I eventually want to get their front and rear sway bars and QA1's, possible a set of the XII Performance composite leaf springs too.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well it definitely seemed like a lot of fun. I'm sure with those future mods it will help keep that rear end tight... I would love to try that with my car.

fuseaku

Reaction score
Well it definitely seemed like a lot of fun. I'm sure with those future mods it will help keep that rear end tight... I would love to try that with my car.

Yeah man it's a blast! I'm sure my future mods, and some other performance mods will definitely help me against some of these other faster cars I race against. You should definitely give it a try at least once. Find out if you have an scca Autocross region in your area, it's cheap and a whole lot of fun to race! You can always start out in the novice class and move up as you get better.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Looks like fun. That weather looks awesome too… compared to freezing my ass of here in Canada haha. On a side note, those driving gloves are clutch haha. Kind of a unique way to hold the steering wheel too. :rockon:

fuseaku

Reaction score
Looks like fun. That weather looks awesome too… compared to freezing my ass of here in Canada haha. On a side note, those driving gloves are clutch haha. Kind of a unique way to hold the steering wheel too. :rockon:

haha Yeah, it was so humid out that day, I need something to keep my hands from slipping... Mechanix gloves it was! lol Is 10 and 2 a unique way to hold the steering wheel? :top:

BondXII

Reaction score
Here's a quick video I made of my third and fastest run at the Florida International Rally & Motorsports Park in Starke, FL this past weekend. I raced in the STX class against a bunch of faster cars. The X held its' own and I had a great time, thankfully a Mustang took the last place spot and not me! :top:

Enjoy!
[youtube]g2qRjztcxSU[/youtube]

Tons of fun! Glad you could make it out. If it wasn't for the Yaris vs Lotus battle this year, we would have brought the X instead of the Yaris. With some more seat time, you'll be on the ass of the rest of the STX guys. Good group of guys. It was quite the battle for STX until we starting using the Yaris in STF. We'll try to make sure we have the X the next event you go to, if we are free.

Not, looks like a hole lot of fun, really wish they would have some autocross events near me to try it out!

http://www.azscca.com/
SCCA events are all over the country. This is a link to the Arizona region. (just assumed, since that is where your signature says you are.) It's a blast and quite addicting. Can't beat the price either for a "racing" event. Due to insurance reasons, they don't call them races...they're driving skills events. :top:

haha Yeah, it was so humid out that day, I need something to keep my hands from slipping... Mechanix gloves it was! lol Is 10 and 2 a unique way to hold the steering wheel? :top:

Got to have gloves of some kind with these trucks. You'll kill your hands otherwise. Usually the preferred hand locations is 9 and 3...but with the steering ratio we have, 10 and 2 actually works out better. Even more so in the tight, technical areas of the course. :blurock:

Kuddos on impressing the instruction you had on one of your runs with the surprising handling of the X-Runner. LOL. They're always a crowd fave. There are two different people at these events...the ones that are excited to see it and wonder how well it will do, and the ones that wonder what the hell a truck is doing trying to autocross. The positive people are glad to see how well the X does, and the negative ones are usually mad because they just got beat by the truck that they were trash talking about. Win! :rofl:

Actually, this is the site. We run in SOLO events. Not Pro LOL. My bad.

http://www.azsolo.com/backup/

Last edited:
Top Bottom