Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scopes

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So now that it is all broken in,how are your thoughts on the new stopping power?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pics of the damage? O_O Damn good thing for the plate bumper! BBK Tacoma: 1; Ford Fusion: 0. Lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are rebuild-able, so technically longer than one might have a vehicle.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaceable pistons and seals. All of the other components can be replaced as well. The stopping power, that would have to be asked to one of their engineers. I cannot offer technical data on that.

I can say, larger disk equals to more braking leverage. Larger disk can handle more heat, especially if drilled, slotted, or both. Likely has a better vane system for circulating air to dissipate heat. Which means, with better pads and fluid, longer hard braking and repeated hard braking before brake fade, and more time before surpassing the coefficient of friction of the brake pads. Can upgrade to titanium pots for added heat resistance/deflection, which helps prevent boiling of the fluid.

Lighter than OEM pieces, so reduced unsprung weight.

Larger wheels and tires, and especially added weight from lifts, bumpers, expeditionary style builds,tax the OEM systems heavily. Larger calipers & rotors untax the system.

For XRunners, it gives you safer repeatable later braking than without, without the worry of causing brake fade and losing control on a road course or other extra curricular style of driving.

Reaction score
Replaceable pistons and seals. All of the other components can be replaced as well. The stopping power, that would have to be asked to one of their engineers. I cannot offer technical data on that.

I can say, larger disk equals to more braking leverage. Larger disk can handle more heat, especially if drilled, slotted, or both. Likely has a better vane system for circulating air to dissipate heat. Which means, with better pads and fluid, longer hard braking and repeated hard braking before brake fade, and more time before surpassing the coefficient of friction of the brake pads. Can upgrade to titanium pots for added heat resistance/deflection, which helps prevent boiling of the fluid.

Lighter than OEM pieces, so reduced unsprung weight.

Larger wheels and tires, and especially added weight from lifts, bumpers, expeditionary style builds,tax the OEM systems heavily. Larger calipers & rotors untax the system.

For XRunners, it gives you safer repeatable later braking than without, without the worry of causing brake fade and losing control on a road course or other extra curricular style of driving.
thanks. sounds like this will be an upgrade soon

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Who do we contact for these? Rotera directly? Is it made specifically for our trucks? Does it matter whether its a pre-runner vs X-runner

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Tight work skygear! I am sure you spent more that me on those bad boys. The stoptechs are only 4 piston calipers. I am curious to know what those cost as well if you dont mind sharing. Rotora is no newjack to the brake game and those should be lifers!

I am thinking of adding the rear disk kit now, I am not sure I can stand the drums much longer

Doublld

Reaction score
I'm doing the rear mod. I want some hands on time with a few rear ends first though. Not sold on just the retro fit just yet. FJ and 4 runner rears are very similar if not the same in length for the rear. I need to finish my research first. Figure out whats involved with the kits and such

This kit, which is the biggest they make production for our trucks is MSRP of $3,495

If one of you ,or anyone, wants my kit at a discounted rate, I would sell it so I can get my custom 405 x 36mm w/ 8 piston kit.

Remember though. Stop tech and other brands are NOT the same. There is a considerable difference in features, materials, weight, serviceability and warranty. Look at my track record. I demand the best of the best for anything I do and put my time in and research till I am blue in the face. I make sure I am making the right investment, not a purchase.

im interested. hit me up and let me know what you want

Top Bottom