Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seat Swap

Blown 330

Reaction score
Has anyone put different seats in their truck? The stock seats are crap and they just don't fit me. I also wouldn't mind having power seats. I put some Ram SRT10 in my other truck and love em.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Someone put GTO seats in, can;t remember who it was. I wanna say gadget but not 100%

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
The seat swap is difficult because the passenger seat turns on the air bag.

drdoom

Reaction score
I like the front seats. The back seats I wouldn't mind swapping for something better

rps13jp

Reaction score
Some nice recaros or Brides would be pretty cool, but who likes the airbag issues that come along with a seat swap. I would rather re-upholster the inside wtih black leather anyway, im not a fan of gray interiors (or anything but black)

Judas

Reaction score
I've been wanting to re wrap the seats soooo bad, for such a long time. Don't like the gray and I cant seem to get rid of the stains.
anybody know if there's a write up on it? (re wrapping that is. I'm done tryin to get the stains out)

Doublld

Reaction score
yall are making it more difficult than necessary find the resistance the air bag has then wire in a resistor in the connector and boom no light. done it many times.

Doublld

Reaction score
I've been wanting to re wrap the seats soooo bad, for such a long time. Don't like the gray and I cant seem to get rid of the stains.
anybody know if there's a write up on it? (re wrapping that is. I'm done tryin to get the stains out)

on tacomaworld they have leather seat options that are endless and you disassemble the factory seat and put on the new seat covers

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
yall are making it more difficult than necessary find the resistance the air bag has then wire in a resistor in the connector and boom no light. done it many times.

x2 I have done with plenty as well with prior driver seat swaps. Passenger's side it is usually just a matter of relocating the "pressure" sensor/box underneath the new seat...at least it has been in all of my prior cars.

...and if you need quality affordable brackets ---> http://wedgebrackets.com/toyota-tacoma-05-seat-brackets.html.

They have made my brackets for number of previous cars. They can customize them as well for extra $$$ (or at least they have done in the past)

thechief21040

Reaction score
So anyone else have the issue with water stains on the front seat?
I'd be interested in wrapping my seats as well anyone else done it before? Anyone change the back seats out for something else?

Prise

Reaction score
I've always liked civic si seats, wouldn't mind making those work.

Judas

Reaction score
on tacomaworld they have leather seat options that are endless and you disassemble the factory seat and put on the new seat covers

I don't just want seat covers, I want them re-wrapped.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score

That's what double was saying. The "covers" replace the stock fabric. Take seats out. Peel off factory seats and re install the leather ones

Redline

Reaction score
4 point harness and bucket seats. Who needs air bags ? :eviltongue:

Doublld

Reaction score

that is the real name for the seat. remove factory covers then install custom onto the seat foam. ill post a pic in a few

Top Bottom