Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Set" button?

Reaction score
So there is a button below the steering wheel. Not sure exactly what it does but I cannot Google it because when I do, I get tons of "set the _ _ _ _ this way."

Anyhow, I searched here and got nothing.

Anyone?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
It's for the tire pressure sensors. Use it to turn the light off after you fill your tires

CBRBob

Reaction score
rtfm.jpg

J

JDUB916

if your sensors in the tires are warning you, fill the tires (could also be the spare) and when you go to turn your car on, hold down that button to reset it while turning the key

rich017

Reaction score
the spare has a sensor in it also. Have to fill that damn thing up every month

J

JDUB916

the spare has a sensor in it also. Have to fill that damn thing up every month

I had that too for a bit, it had what was called 'wheel rust' I beleive, or wheel cancer. Anyway, just have your local shop try to fix it, they just rub some stuff on it that eats away that ish

adamewwy

Reaction score
Been wondering what that button was for a month now....I got custom Boss 20"s so I never even knew that XR's came with TPS from the factory...lol

butters607

Reaction score
I had that too for a bit, it had what was called 'wheel rust' I beleive, or wheel cancer. Anyway, just have your local shop try to fix it, they just rub some stuff on it that eats away that ish

Yea its called bead sealer and the white stuff is from moisture buildup

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Fyi, you don't need to hold and then turn the key. Just make sure all 5 tires are at the same pressure then hold it till the light on the dash flashes 3 times.

Tanaka

Reaction score
My truck was used, and it didn't have a manual, so I drove it to my local toyota dealership and asked. Same thing with how to reset the change oil light. :p

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I was a team leader at a dealer and was resetting them daily. Key on, hold for the 3 count

Reaction score
Still, crazy that if the spare goes flat, same thing. So here's a question I don't think will be in the manual (which sad to admit, I have in my glovebox). If you remove the spare tire (like say I don't want crap getting all over it and what-not) and don't mind the inconvenience of waiting for someone to bring it to me, does removing it from it's storage position affect the TPMS warning light?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
The light will be on all the time if you remove the spare.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Why would you not want to carry it to keep it clean? Anyway yes. The light will flash for a few seconds then stay on all the time if its not reading all 5 sensors.

Top Bottom