Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

shane881510

Reaction score
Thanks man. The sprint booster help me out with shifting. But the trans is still poo.

shane881510

Reaction score
Yea it's still running. It's stored for winter and I can't wait for spring and the salt to get washed off.

shane881510

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a question. I have had catch can for a long time. The last year I've ran it to both valve covers with no lines to intake. I have very little oil in it ever. But a lot water. Is that normal.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
I have a trd sc ran my catch only from the pcv on the driver side no water and no oil either can only see the clear lines a little oily. But I too have lag when I shift and I also thought was my tune since I'm using maf cal lol

Gadget

Reaction score
For every gallon of gasoline burned there is 5 gallons of water produced. This is why Toyota uses the PCV to keep the crank case properly ventilated and reduce the amount of oil collected in the oil which will mix with other combustion gasses and produce acids that will eat your engine away.

Your catch can configuration is not allowing for the proper crank case ventilation.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Condensation is normal to get collected in there. Especially in cold and humid climates.

shane881510

Reaction score
Cool man it's super humid around here. I was just worried cause I just done head gaskets and I did a lot of racing so.

iniazy

Reaction score
Gadget I am not sure I understand why you think his crank case is not vented, if he is collecting oil and water in the catch can then he has ventilation.

I panicked once when I found water in my catch can a few months ago, which was after travelling and off-road trip and it was cold and very wet and rainy. Oil in the pan was clean. Later on when it got dry the oil in the catch can became pure again, no water mixed with it.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Gadget I am not sure I understand why you think his crank case is not vented, if he is collecting oil and water in the catch can then he has ventilation.

I panicked once when I found water in my catch can a few months ago, which was after travelling and off-road trip and it was cold and very wet and rainy. Oil in the pan was clean. Later on when it got dry the oil in the catch can became pure again, no water mixed with it.

I think it has do to with the fact that, from the sounds of things, Shane doesn't ever have engine vacuum applied to his catch can setup. So there's no positive ventilation pulling condensation/blow-by out.

At least that's how I'm reading things.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is completely vented to atmosphere. No part of the intake is attached to the PCV ports. Still collects plenty of moisture from humid days and condensation. The rings are not total seal rings, and therefore there will still be some slight gasses which pass by and will travel then to the catch can.

iniazy

Reaction score
Mine is completely vented to atmosphere. No part of the intake is attached to the PCV ports. Still collects plenty of moisture from humid days and condensation. The rings are not total seal rings, and therefore there will still be some slight gasses which pass by and will travel then to the catch can.

Exactly.

I used to vent it to atmosphere, but the smell was extremely bothersome, so I vented it to the inlet of the Rotrex unit. Now I'm happy.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That was what I was thinking of doing at one point as well. Since infront of the compressor is always under suction. :top:

shane881510

Reaction score
So I'm lookin at getting the 38-92 blower, I'm about Half way there on money wise. My lsd needs rebuild too. And I have a friend give me some drag slicks so this summer is gonna be a good one. I'm looking to get More tq out of the bigger blower. Hopefully it all holds up.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
So I'm lookin at getting the 38-92 blower, I'm about Half way there on money wise. My lsd needs rebuild too. And I have a friend give me some drag slicks so this summer is gonna be a good one. I'm looking to get More tq out of the bigger blower. Hopefully it all holds up.

You wanna trade pulleys when you get your 92? I kinda want to try a 70mm pulley. I got a 75 and an 80 here.

shane881510

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick the 70mm on the 92. I'm going all out on it. But I'm gonna sell my 38-81 blower for cheap. Like 1500$ or something.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It'll hold, and I am excited.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many years has yours been built now, Shane?

Top Bottom