Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shift Knobs

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
Looking to buy a shift knob.
Something weighted.
Leave a picture so I can decide.
THANKS!

TacoSawce

Reaction score
Heres the shifter I picked out for my XR. Matches the paint nicely. Got it from twisted shifterz. Has a nice weight to it. Made of resin.

Rlq3xDH.jpg

III

Reaction score
whats the point of a weighted shift knob? but Coupe makes a bunch....

x-runner kid

Reaction score
A weighted knob helps with shifting between gears faster and smoother. I need a new shift knob as well but I would prefer one that goes down to the stock boot and is closer looking to the stock shifter. I plan on hydro dipping it so plan is fine.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
A weighted knob helps with shifting between gears faster and smoother. I need a new shift knob as well but I would prefer one that goes down to the stock boot and is closer looking to the stock shifter. I plan on hydro dipping it so plan is fine.

Same here. I'm not digging the empty space between the ball and boot.

III

Reaction score
i mean i realize there must be a benefit, except for that weird gap you guys mention, but i cant really see HOW that benefits... i mean, why not just ... shift faster? lol

x-runner kid

Reaction score
It has to do with momentum. The heavier the object the more it wants to stay moving. Also when you have a short shifter the pivot point changes so having the extra small amount of weight increase it helps to make things easier and smoother when shifting faster.

brs

Reaction score
T56 knob

I'm looking for a nice T56 knob.
On one of the treads there is a knob (custom?) that said T56 on the side and had the gear pattern. Any of these around?

asianized

Reaction score
Bought one awhile back from coupe, one of the best mods ive done

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice T56 knob.
On one of the treads there is a knob (custom?) that said T56 on the side and had the gear pattern. Any of these around?

Talk to coupe (that's his screen name on here) to see if he has any left

Top Bottom