Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Side bed panel cracking TSB?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Then why with almost 46,500 miles logged hasn't happened to my truck?
different assembly plant defective batch of panels?
think you and jonathan are the ones that have had the prob out of 10,000+ trucks?

DOGO X

Reaction score
different assembly plant defective batch of panels?think you and jonathan are the ones that have had the prob out of 10,000+ trucks?

I have it too Dog! :thumpdown:

And my truck was sitting at home for 13 months without being use

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
can't understand this phenominon? :thumpdown: guess I better check on a regular basis!:top:

Matt's06

Reaction score

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
different assembly plant defective batch of panels?think you and jonathan are the ones that have had the prob out of 10,000+ trucks?
For one thing I have only had 1 problem from my XR and that was a timing cover leak at the right side of the timing cover at 1100 miles, I have worked at the same Toyota dealership for 25 years and have had my master tech status for 20 years, I see certain problems with Toyota's everyday and I'm aware of why they happen or if not I have the ability to contact higher up Toyota representatives (Toyota technical), I do not post this for the hell of it, I post this for the information and for the owners of XR's that might have this problem and or to be aware of it just in case, I am not here to argue about why things happen or to blame anyone for why things happen (like listing names: ex: Jonathan and I) I am just here to help when I can, That is really what this forum is all about, fun and good reliable information.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
s/chargedxrunner - first, let it be known that your knowledge and willingness to share and help on this forum is extremely appreciated. We have had a lot of threads that have turned sour like this one recently and I am working with some of my mods to try to find a solution. This is not what XRU is about - we have had a tight-knit community and I am working to ensure that it remains in tact.

Thanks again for your help and expertise.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
s/chargedxrunner - first, let it be known that your knowledge and willingness to share and help on this forum is extremely appreciated. We have had a lot of threads that have turned sour like this one recently and I am working with some of my mods to try to find a solution. This is not what XRU is about - we have had a tight-knit community and I am working to ensure that it remains in tact.

I agree 100% and Thank you for the kind words

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Here ya go, the new TSB #NV007-07 is coming out July 2, 2007 for the deck side panel rattle (cracking) it is covering 05 to 07 X-Runner models and is covered 3 years or 36,000 miles, for the ones that are cracked the body bed sides will be replaced along with the quarter panel wheel opening with molding opening and the ones that are not cracked yet get a new reinforcement panel to keep the panels from cracking and to stiffen up the lower bed body panel as to keep them from flexing so much.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Will you have a link to the TSB itself so it can be printed out?
Thanks!

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
Im stoked, I've been waiting to hear from a rep for ~ 2 months now I can just go back and give them the TSB # and be like, Fix this :D

Thanks ! much appreciated

Twisted Creations

Reaction score

I second that motion, and it by gollie caries !!! :top: IMO, there are those on this forum that truly do have the knowledge to help those willing to listen. Jim and Chris have both helped me out with issues pertaining to my XR. They are both talented and knowledgeable individuals that I have had the pleasure of meeting and doing business with. You get two thumbs up from me :top: :top: Please keep those of us willing to listen informed.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Here is a fix that is cheap and very easy to do for the XR owners that are over 3 years 36K miles (out of warranty) and side panels are not cracked yet, the way I understand the TSB is that only the X's that are cracked and under 3/ 36 are covered, and that if is not cracked then basically they just inspect and do not install any kind of reinforcement so eventually on down the road and out of warranty it may possibly over time crack, this fix should keep the rear fender panels from cracking by stopping the flex of the fender which is due to very rough roads over time and I didn't say this but wheel hopping doesn't help either, Hope this helps some of our XR owners, You can find a strip of aluminum at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. for just a few dollars.

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 298
  • MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 309
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 280
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 302
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 276
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 284

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
Once they fix mine I was planning on doing something similar, Nice write up.

:top:

bcutshall

Reaction score
can someone take some better pics of where the problem is? i can't open the attachments on the first page.

alaxrunner

Reaction score
went to the dealership to get a abs sensor replaced today and told them about the tsb and they inspected mine,said nothing was bad yet but went ahead and ordered the parts to fix it so it wont happen down the road.

Top Bottom