Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin sick squeak

xrfritz24

Reaction score
well i installed the complete drop kit today and after driving it, i noticed when from a complete stop then strart driving a squeak comes from the front right area and sometimes when turning, i havent had an alignment yet, is the alignment the fix or should i get and try and figure it out? any ideas will be greeeeeattt. thankss

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Try double check everything make sure nothing is lose....:dontknow:

Shanes56

Reaction score
1. Make sure all the joints are lubricated
2. Sway bar bushings are lubed well also the end link bushings (rod that connects sway bar to the front)
3. Make sure there are no burs (rough metal) on either end of the coils or on either perch
4. Also make sure the top hat bushing is not rubbing on the tube of the strut

if it is squeaking from the bushings, a spray lubricant should take care of it, if all else fails you could go the old school route and put a layer of silicone in the top perch (something that was done when you used to just cut an inch off the OEM coils to lower it)

Tunedx

Reaction score
well i installed the complete drop kit today and after driving it, i noticed when from a complete stop then strart driving a squeak comes from the front right area and sometimes when turning, i havent had an alignment yet, is the alignment the fix or should i get and try and figure it out? any ideas will be greeeeeattt. thankss

How long did the coils take to install. Did u have a soring compressor. Any tips I'm getting them next week.

xrfritz24

Reaction score
id say the coils took about 30 minutes per side, yes you need a spring compressor to remove the old ones but i didnt need one to put them back on theres a little play with the new ones when everything is tightened down bc of the smaller coils. Doing the leafs and the coils took me about 4 hrs (and i have never worked with coils or leafs before) but id also say im mechanically inclined. Also if you have never done it you can go here http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/ and click on the year for your truck and it has the procedures in there for removing coils so you know what to do ( i just read over it i didnt do it step by step) its really easy as long as you can turn a wrench.

Tunedx

Reaction score
id say the coils took about 30 minutes per side, yes you need a spring compressor to remove the old ones but i didnt need one to put them back on theres a little play with the new ones when everything is tightened down bc of the smaller coils. Doing the leafs and the coils took me about 4 hrs (and i have never worked with coils or leafs before) but id also say im mechanically inclined. Also if you have never done it you can go here http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/ and click on the year for your truck and it has the procedures in there for removing coils so you know what to do ( i just read over it i didnt do it step by step) its really easy as long as you can turn a wrench.

Reading instructions how to remove coil spring. Doesn't seem like they removed sway bar and tie rod end. Is this really necessary? Also did u reuse the nut that holds top retainer cushion (nut on top of shock). According these instructions it specifies not reuse it.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/rm2006ta/03900410.pdf

Last edited:

xrfritz24

Reaction score
i never disconnected the tie rod end but i did the sway bar only bc it was easier to get to the bottom bolt for the strut. i disconnected the upper control arm and pivoted it outward and disconnected the sway bar end link and took the strut out.. pretty easy i also re-used the nut as im sure everyone else did too i looked at the nut and didnt see any reason to replace it

Tunedx

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Why is it that some people remove the tie rod?

Last edited:

xrfritz24

Reaction score
No problem dont be afraid to PM me if you have an questions and im sure shane wouldnt mind either.

Top Bottom