Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Someone name this part...

brokenvendetta

Reaction score

This only works for storing the vehicle though. I like the idea of keeping my battery from dying, but like I have experienced, it does cut power to the alarm as well.

Maybe if I am lucky, and they try to steal it when the alarm isn't armed from the battery being cut off, they don't know how to reset the system and I still win! :rock:

My guess would be that they think the battery is dead and they might as well move on... :dontknow:

XDsm

Reaction score
You really only have to worry about your battery dying if the car is sitting for awhile. Our trucks automatically shut off the headlights when left on. For most aftermarket alarm systems they offer battery units that will keep the alarm active if power is lost. You might want to look into one of those add ons if available for the alarm you have.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
You really only have to worry about your battery dying if the car is sitting for awhile. Our trucks automatically shut off the headlights when left on. For most aftermarket alarm systems they offer battery units that will keep the alarm active if power is lost. You might want to look into one of those add ons if available for the alarm you have.

My truck sat for just over 2 hours the other night and the battery was drained somehow. Granted it was about 30 ° outside, but I checked and no doors or dome light were on???

Anyhow, XRobber & Stevenredx, I skipped my first class this morning and went into the Toyota dealer and purchased myself two brand spanking new oil filters. And here is my proof of purchase and installation:top:

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

XDsm

Reaction score
My truck sat for just over 2 hours the other night and the battery was drained somehow. Granted it was about 30 ° outside, but I checked and no doors or dome light were on???

Something is wrong there. It's been in the 30s at night here and I have let my truck sit for well over 24 hours and it starts up strong. Even my GSX with the crappy amps that it has and the wiring that could use help lasts about a day or two in the real cold before the battery gets really weak. Do you have any amps inside the truck? Perhaps the remote signal to turn off is not getting to the amps?

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Something is wrong there. It's been in the 30s at night here and I have let my truck sit for well over 24 hours and it starts up strong. Even my GSX with the crappy amps that it has and the wiring that could use help lasts about a day or two in the real cold before the battery gets really weak. Do you have any amps inside the truck? Perhaps the remote signal to turn off is not getting to the amps?

Well it only happened that one night, which was very strange, I agree. No amps or anything, so I really can't tell you what I even think it could have been. I'm pretty sure the drivers side was completely shut when I went to class, but now that I think about it, the passenger could have been ajar. The only reason it didn't die again that night is cause my roommate and I went out to eat later and it would have been closed for the night. WHO KNOWS?!?!

But thanks for the info on everything:top:

Top Bottom