Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sony XAV-W1

Wayne R

Reaction score
Anyone have the Sony XAV-W1 Head Unit installed in their X.....?

JBoogie

Reaction score
Yup! :top: SQ on it is crazy sweet! Screwed around and broke my dash kit, doing the clock color change. :motz:

No pics yet.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I never liked Sony HUs so I haven't really looked into them in a while; how is it?

JBoogie

Reaction score
Im old school Sony ES and this unit really reminds me of the good stuff they used to make in the late 90's.. This HU is sweet! I just replaced a Clarion Max675VDII that i loved for it. The first thing i noticed is that the SQ of it over the Clarion is very noticeable and the display is crystal clear and bright! Prolly the best i have ever seen! Sound shaping was the reason i bought it. It has time alignment, seating positions as well as a nice little 7 band eq and a prety neat feature that lets u simulate a center channel spkr. Im still playing with it, learning all the features and functions. But im, very happy with it so far. The only thing i havent figured out is the "auto sensing" subwoofer rca connector and the HP and LP filters (i get 80 and 120 for low pass and 80, 120 an off for high pass). Time to read the manual! :rockon:

Wayne R

Reaction score
Im old school Sony ES and this unit really reminds me of the good stuff they used to make in the late 90's.. This HU is sweet! I just replaced a Clarion Max675VDII that i loved for it. The first thing i noticed is that the SQ of it over the Clarion is very noticeable and the display is crystal clear and bright! Prolly the best i have ever seen! Sound shaping was the reason i bought it. It has time alignment, seating positions as well as a nice little 7 band eq and a prety neat feature that lets u simulate a center channel spkr. Im still playing with it, learning all the features and functions. But im, very happy with it so far. The only thing i havent figured out is the "auto sensing" subwoofer rca connector and the HP and LP filters (i get 80 and 120 for low pass and 80, 120 an off for high pass). Time to read the manual! :rockon:

Thanks for the reply.....

What dash kit are you using.....Metra.....Scosche?

Last edited:

JBoogie

Reaction score
I have it in a scosche now (it got cracked in shipping and i broke it the rest of the way). But since the HU is black.. I have been considering going black and painting the back panel of the AC knobs black also.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i love sony products...just not for car audio stuff...everything else yeah (tv's, gaming, video, cameras, computers... EVERYTHING) lol

Top Bottom