Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SOS Kit Bump Stops

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can buy the SOS bump stops seperate from the kit? If you can...how much? Or is there bump stops I can buy from an auto shop?

project-c2

Reaction score
We don't have a Pepboys in HI. I guess we have to order them online.:top:

morcheez

Reaction score
try summitracing.com , stylinconcepts.com they all have them

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was all bummed cause I didn't have them. :top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
so did you install your kit today?

No!...because the "U" bolts were too small. I gotta get wider ones. I was all pissed! :motz: I was gonna go ahead and install the front only...but decided I didn't want look lower in the front and higher in the back.

07XR808

Reaction score
No!...because the "U" bolts were too small. I gotta get wider ones. I was all pissed! :motz: I was gonna go ahead and install the front only...but decided I didn't want look lower in the front and higher in the back.

did the guys at the auto store know which bolts would fit your truck perfectly? like did they have an application guide? if size is an issue you should just get them custom made at the U-bolt shop by the airport. they make it custom fit for your blocks so fast

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
did the guys at the auto store know which bolts would fit your truck perfectly? like did they have an application guide? if size is an issue you should just get them custom made at the U-bolt shop by the airport. they make it custom fit for your blocks so fast

Yeah! He had mentioned that. 4 Wheel Parts in Waipahu has them too. Gonna go pick them up tomorrow. I wanna get rid of that space in the rear tire well. I HATE IT!!! :biggrin:

Also I just got an email response from SOS...they said they don't include front bump stops in the kit. They only include bump stops for the rear.

I thought that was kinda weird?

DOGO X

Reaction score
I need to buy one of the SOS kit :hmmmm2:

07XR808

Reaction score
Yeah! He had mentioned that. 4 Wheel Parts in Waipahu has them too. Gonna go pick them up tomorrow. I wanna get rid of that space in the rear tire well. I HATE IT!!! :biggrin:

Also I just got an email response from SOS...they said they don't include front bump stops in the kit. They only include bump stops for the rear.

I thought that was kinda weird?

that is weird. sos sells an incomplete front kit?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
that is weird. sos sells an incomplete front kit?

Yeah! Everyone that I talked to says that they got front bump stops in the kit. Even Eurosport says that they get them in the kits that they sell.

Here is the email I got...

Hi, the x-runner kit comes with rear bump stops only. They are $15 ea +5 for UPS.

Thanks, Tom

SOS Performance
www.sosperf.com
2347 St Andrews Blvd.
Panama City FL 32405
850-769-3465

What I wrote:

I purchased the SOS drop for my X-Runner about a month ago. While preparing to install it, I lost a bump stop for the front. Do you sell those individually? If you do...how much are they?

Of course what I wrote wasn't true...but I wanted an answer so I wrote what I did. I just find it weird that they tell me that.

Is it easy to install the bump stops after you install the drop?

MXXN

Reaction score
The front bump stops are so low already I do not know what you would get to make it much lower. You might not get enuff "stop" out of a lower then stock bumper. I rarely contact the front stops and I live in PA and we have some really crappy back roads. I wish I could say the same for the rear. My stops are less then an inch high and I still hit over bridge expansions.

My SOS kit ONLY came with rear stoppers and that is all SOS shows in thier pictures.
1.5_Drop_Lrg.jpg

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
The front bump stops are so low already I do not know what you would get to make it much lower. You might not get enuff "stop" out of a lower then stock bumper. I rarely contact the front stops and I live in PA and we have some really crappy back roads. I wish I could say the same for the rear. My stops are less then an inch high and I still hit over bridge expansions.

My SOS kit ONLY came with rear stoppers and that is all SOS shows in thier pictures.
1.5_Drop_Lrg.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys! I am gonna just go ahead and do the install. I just need to go get wider "U" bolts.

Tripple D

Reaction score
The SOS kit is the ideal drop for me especially with 20's but in looking at the pictures posted, I certainly don't see $500 worth of stuff. :dontknow:

Jonathan

Reaction score
The SOS kit is the ideal drop for me especially with 20's but in looking at the pictures posted, I certainly don't see $500 worth of stuff. :dontknow:

....which is why c2c came out with a better ridding drop for 150 :rock:

DOGO X

Reaction score

I sell you my C2c drop :top:

project-c2

Reaction score
I just ordered my SOS front kit. Too bad I don't have my truck back. But when I do, I got all kinds of accessories to install.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I think I'll do it @ work, then all I gotta do is drive it onto the alignment rack and align it myself. LOL

Top Bottom