Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sound deadening material??

Brand and amount of sound deadening material you used???

• Total voters

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I know there are so many different types of sound deadening material out there on the market. I wondering what brands people were using most and how much sq footage people were buying.

I was thinking doing just panels and floor but also considering doing foof also.

micpun

Reaction score
I used Hushmat. Theres also Dynomat. Even with a "quiet" muffler the drone from my exhaust was killing me. So I just used it on the back wall and part of the back floor. In honesty I dont remember how much I used since my brother owns a car audio shop. My guess would have been 45-50 sq ft.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Raammat from RAAMAudio.com

I used two rolls but they dont sell it in rolls anymore. Contact rick and let him know what you are doing and he will let yo know how much you need. (I think we get a discount for mention xru or something also)

Also did 3 yards of ensolite to

BTW dont use "cheap" stuff. The cheap stuff has a tendency to stink like crazy (for a long time) and the "tar" will melt and just be a mess.

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score
Get some from Raamat

Send Rick an e-mail and let him know you are with XRU and he will give you what you need. Dynomat is WAY overpriced and not near as good as Raamat.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I used dynamat xtreme for my doors and roof. I'm happy with the product. Dynamat is way more expensive then the other kinds but I bought locally due to shipping costs and duties from the states.

BMWtech

Reaction score
I just got my order of Rammat BTX II this week. I should be installing this weekend so I don't have an opinion on the product yet but the price was good.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I am happy with my Rammat. 4 years and I still haven't completed sound deadening the cab, but I did all the doors with the stereo install and it made a huge difference. Now I need to get off my ass and do the rest of the cab. :rolleyez:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Raamat, and as metioned earlier... Email Rick there and he should give you a discount since your with XR-U. By far one of the best mods I've done on the truck.

Picture005.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture065.jpg

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Raamat, and as metioned earlier... Email Rick there and he should give you a discount since your with XR-U. By far one of the best mods I've done on the truck.

Picture005.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture065.jpg
Steven what is the stuff on the inside the door? What is the stuff where the factory plastic is?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Steven what is the stuff on the inside the door? What is the stuff where the factory plastic is?

Raamat with ensolite on inside the door and the same on the outside to create a "box" for the door speakers.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Oh cool. Just seems Raamat is a little more work but hey more work is better if you getting a good deal. Dynomat is just quick to install think thats all it is. But like always you pay alot for simplicity

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Oh cool. Just seems Raamat is a little more work but hey more work is better if you getting a good deal. Dynomat is just quick to install think thats all it is. But like always you pay alot for simplicity

why would rammat be more work? Cut, peel, and stick. Pretty much the same process as dynomat.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Ill be deadening the Dcab this summer. Its a night a day difference compared to the X.

This just reminded me...:smile:

Justin

x20Runner05

Reaction score
why would rammat be more work? Cut, peel, and stick. Pretty much the same process as dynomat.
Didnt really know to be honest how raamat installed I know it takes a while to tear apart the whole truck to do it but can be done on a weekend if you not gonna be driving anywhere.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I did mine before they had the peel and stick ensolite. The new stuff looks like it would be a much easier.

I was talking about the mat itself. Wasn't aware they had peel and stick ensolite. I used the spray adhesive for mine, but it wasn't hard at all.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
yeah, gluing that crap sucked.....

Justin
The glue of the older stuff is why i was considering dynomat. But it all depends on what kinda price Rick can get me cuz i can get dynomat from audio dealer here using my discount since we always get stuff from then for work.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
The glue of the older stuff is why i was considering dynomat. But it all depends on what kinda price Rick can get me cuz i can get dynomat from audio dealer here using my discount since we always get stuff from then for work.

the RAAMAT is peel and stick, and always has been.

the ensolite had to be glued

two different products, but when combined, do a great job, and still cheaper than Dynomat

Justin

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

rammat is different than the ensolite foam.
the rammat is a dynomat like product. Rubberized sound deadening. Peel and stick backing. Ensolite is a foam type material that is added in addition to the dynomat/rammat

^^ damn Justin beat me too it.

Top Bottom