Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sport Truck Meet - Atlanta Motor Speedway!

Lets Do Atlanta Motor Speedway!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Guys and Gals...

In 2006 when I still owned my dakota, we had a National's event in Atlanta for all the dakota R/T's. If you didnt know, you can rent Atlanta Motor Speedway for a day :biggrin:

Anyways, the guy that organized the event in '06 is trying to see if there is interest in doing it again. While originally he was trying to do another Dakota event, due to the lack of people that can do it...he is trying to turn it into a all sports truck event!!! And X Runners are sport trucks :top:

Anyways, he is trying to get interest in the event, and I dont know, but this would be THE BEST XFE East event you could ever imagine!!! Here is the prices and info...
The track for the day with all facilities (Road course, Oval and 1/8 drag strip)

$7500 plus insurance.

I figure $10,500 would come close to covering it.
With those numbers, here is a breakdown.

40 trucks = $262.50
50 trucks = $210
60 trucks = $175
70 trucks = $150
80 trucks = $131.25
90 trucks = $116.66
100 trucks=$105

Of course we would try to get Summit Racing involved again. The nice part about AMS is you can have the Road course and oval going at the same time(no drag), or the drag strip and road course at the same time(no oval) and switch it up during the day so there would be plenty of activities to go around so no one gets bored. The 1/8 drag strip is old school. White line and a guy with a flag. Flag drops you run like hell. First one to cross the other white line wins. No timers or lights. Just straight up street racing like your daddy's used to do

Anyone interested? This could be an alternative to the NATS for us East coast guys, or do it for the 2010 NATS or both. Hell, all we need are some trucks. We could even do it every year just like our local Mopar club does.
You read that right, if we can get 100 trucks, we could each play the Oval (yes the same one in Nascar, it has a SICK bank LOL) going 140 MPH...and autocross/road course, and a 1/8 drag strip.

$10,500 covers the whole bill. The more trucks we have the cheaper it will be.

The track is only a few miles from Several hotels the McDonaugh GA area, only 30-45 minutes south of Atlanta. If we only did this one day, we could turn it into a XFE, and have more events the next day. An hour drive will take you to the Silver Dollar Raceway or Reynolds Raceway and we could 1/4 mile it up all day long for like $20 a person. Summit Racing and showroom is also located very close nearby.

WE are trying to see if this would be something you guys would like to do in 2009 or postphone it until 2010.

Ive posted a poll up, PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOUR TRUELY INTERESTED AND CAN ATTEND. We need to get accurate numbers to see if this is worth it. If not for an XFE, just for a get together event.

For those who want more info on Atlanta Motor Speedway:
http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/

Here are some pictures from the event in 2006...remember we get the WHOLE track to ourselfs...the repair bays, the track, the oval, the drag strip..all of it. If you have never gone 140 MPH Plus like we did back in 06, you havent lived :biggrin:

me at the finish line:
182d2ef8.jpg

ae187013.jpg

7a58ded5.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

ntinhri

Reaction score
i say next year. not sure if youd make it XFE but If I could get a day at the oval and autocross for a 100 bucks Id be down. I think that would be a very fun weekend.

Tapp

Reaction score
i would so be down for this!!!!....

id buy a tent and camp there...lol...

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
I tried to help organize something like this at Road Atlanta for the 1st XFE. Klint said it was a no go because of costs.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i would definately be down if we can get enough people to keep the cost low

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
I tried to help organize something like this at Road Atlanta for the 1st XFE. Klint said it was a no go because of costs.
the cost is high...but the cost gets lower with less trucks.

With this being a sport truck event, that opens us up to even more people...and the cost gets lower.

100 people going would cost us $105 a person.

When we dd this in 06 it was like $210 a person. And worth every penny!!

Tapp

Reaction score
the cost is high...but the cost gets lower with less trucks.

With this being a sport truck event, that opens us up to even more people...and the cost gets lower.

100 people going would cost us $105 a person.

When we dd this in 06 it was like $210 a person. And worth every penny!!

i think with enough time to plan, and enough "sport trucks"..

id get on some other forums, and get all kinds of "sport trucks to get together"

NixXR462

Reaction score
I'd like too but I don't think it'd be fun in my N/A with all you s/cs and those supped up R/Ts. If the cost was low enough I probably would it only being less than 2 hours from me.

Tapp

Reaction score
I'd like too but I don't think it'd be fun in my N/A with all you s/cs and those supped up R/Ts. If the cost was low enough I probably would it only being less than 2 hours from me.

who cares if your S/C or not...thats not what its all about!!!!:stupid:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
dude i would be all over this! considering what it is and that i grew up around dirt track racing and NASCAR i would even be willin to pay a lil more for this

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
dude...there is a "pace truck" out front...we were doing 100-140 all the way around the track

NA and S/C

and the road course, its a drivers game.

The 1/8 might not be as fun, just line up with the N/A guys

im telling you guys, this is the best driving experience you could imagine.

If your on other forums, spread the word!!! Sport trucks only!

Grumpy

Reaction score
Ask yourself this, how often do you get a chance to go flat-out on 1.5 miles oval?

Its 825 miles & almost 13 hours drive for me but I'm toying with the idea of attending this event.:driver:
When will this be happening?

suprabeetle

Reaction score
i dont care who i race i just wanna see my truck run. im down (sponsers needed) i can talk to my father inlaw he does printing, vinyl, and body wraps (vehicle lol) pm me

chadfo

Reaction score
I think it would be a LOT of fun. I might be up for it if there's enough interest to get the price down to a reasonable amount. :driver:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
they are planning this for 2010...so as soon as i know more ill let you guys know

Top Bottom