Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

..Spraying eye lids..

X20RUNNER08

Reaction score
Has anybody here sprayed there eye lids, with a spray can.. Theres a place here that can match the color code and put it in a spray can for us.. Just was wondering how many coats do i put? The distance i spray? and also clear coat..

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Are you planning to spray it right over the headlights? Post pics when done, gotta see it how it turned out....

Good luck with the project. :top:

Ninja17

Reaction score
im pretty sure he has the eyelids and just wants to paint them to match. thats what im gona do. let us know how it goes.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
www.paintscatch.com

they have our colors there

Yep. That is the one that I used for mine. 20 bucks a can. Just need clear coat as the color match is just a base coat.

DSCF5489.jpg

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Yep. That is the one that I used for mine. 20 bucks a can. Just need clear coat as the color match is just a base coat.

I know they come primed ready for paint but did anybody sand them dowm before hitting it with the spray can? :dontknow:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Gixxerman just painted the shape on the headlight:smile:

its came out pretty nice

Justin

Coupe

Reaction score
I sanded. Primed. Wet sanded. Basecoat. Wet sanded. Clearcoat. They came out pretty decent for a rattle can.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Do the rattle cans come with any flex agent in them? Just a little worried that I may crack the paint while sticking the eyelids on the lens.

denzel05

Reaction score
Here are mine, painted on to the lens. Cleaned with alcohol, sprayed a light coat of primer, 3 light coats of Krylon Fusion rattle can (the stuff most people use to do bhlm), 2 light coats of clear coat. been done for about 2 years now. No fading, no chipping off etc. :top:

048.jpg

050.jpg

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I know they come primed ready for paint but did anybody sand them dowm before hitting it with the spray can? :dontknow:

I did. I sanded them, primered them, base coat, then clear coat.

Coupe

Reaction score
Do the rattle cans come with any flex agent in them? Just a little worried that I may crack the paint while sticking the eyelids on the lens.

This is where I bought my paint. It's a little pricey, but I have painted several plastic parts that flex a bit. I have been happy with it. No problems.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

X20RUNNER08

Reaction score
paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

paint4.jpg

Im done..just waiting for it to dry.. let me know what you guys think..:top:

Last edited:

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
yeah ketchup...paintscratch paint looks good...and those of you that painted directly on the headlights...looks really good actually...actually everyones looks good...still waiting on that paypal info so i can get my carbon eyelids :frown:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yeah ketchup...paintscratch paint looks good...and those of you that painted directly on the headlights...looks really good actually...actually everyones looks good...still waiting on that paypal info so i can get my carbon eyelids :frown:

U going to put them on just the X or both ur yotas?

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
just the xr my man...i dont think they have lids for the 4r (i might check ebay later)...that would look sick though...im debating how i would do the black headlight mod on the 4r (not too sure if the projectors can go in the oven)

Top Bottom