Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sproulesxrunner's Build

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Im probably going to get pads soon, as my front brakes have reached the point where i no longer feel safe pushing them they way i want to... yes, they will squeal and dust like no ones business...but to be honest, my "street pads" rival the dust output of my EBC yellow stuff pads...:thumbsdown:

i'm 99% sure i killed them doing a mountain run on some roads where i hit speeds in excess of 110mph...i abused the shit of them and they worked ok, for about a 10 min, then they just nose dived after that...i had to bring it down a notch, and it kinda surprised me how fast they fully crapped out. I started talking to a few experts, shortly after, about going race compound...

Even though they are "race compound brakes" and in theory, the lower end of "peak bite temp" is too low for street use...our trucks weigh enough to the point where im willing to bet they will hit opo temp after one good stop from as low as 60mph... Hawk engineered this compound for heavy duty track use, and is one step below, from what was discribed as "on-off" style braking of the next step up. The one i'm looking at will have better pedal modulation...I spent a few weeks chatting on and off with a rep from Hawk, and learned a thing or two about brakes pad compound. Becaouse of our trucks added weight, and most of that being over the front, the front brakes do ALOT of the braking....a 6 piston 355kit with "high performance street pads" as rotora calls the stock H2 pads...might be good enough for some mild abuse...FROM A CAR...start trying to get them to stop 2 tons from tripple digit speeds....:ahhhhh:

Infact, i might order them tonight, so i can be the Guinea pig, one again...eventually, i want to hit up real tracks....

...and before any safety nazi comment on my driving, it was past midnight, out deep in the country side...only person i risked hurting was my own self....yada, yada, yada....:rolleyez:

...bad news is the pads im looking at, the cheapest i have found is 324 shipped...

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Im probably going to get pads soon, as my front brakes have reached the point where i no longer feel safe pushing them they way i want to... yes, they will squeal and dust like no ones business...but to be honest, my "street pads" rival the dust output of my EBC yellow stuff pads...:thumbsdown:

i'm 99% sure i killed them doing a mountain run on some roads where i hit speeds in excess of 110mph...i abused the shit of them and they worked ok, for about a 10 min, then they just nose dived after that...i had to bring it down a notch, and it kinda surprised me how fast they fully crapped out. I started talking to a few experts, shortly after, about going race compound...

Even though they are "race compound brakes" and in theory, the lower end of "peak bite temp" is too low for street use...our trucks weigh enough to the point where im willing to bet they will hit opo temp after one good stop from as low as 60mph... Hawk engineered this compound for heavy duty track use, and is one step below, from what was discribed as "on-off" style braking of the next step up. The one i'm looking at will have better pedal modulation...I spent a few weeks chatting on and off with a rep from Hawk, and learned a thing or two about brakes pad compound. Becaouse of our trucks added weight, and most of that being over the front, the front brakes do ALOT of the braking....a 6 piston 355kit with "high performance street pads" as rotora calls the stock H2 pads...might be good enough for some mild abuse...FROM A CAR...start trying to get them to stop 2 tons from tripple digit speeds....:ahhhhh:

Infact, i might order them tonight, so i can be the Guinea pig, one again...eventually, i want to hit up real tracks....

...and before any safety nazi comment on my driving, it was past midnight, out deep in the country side...only person i risked hurting was my own self....yada, yada, yada....:rolleyez:

...bad news is the pads im looking at, the cheapest i have found is 324 shipped...

Damn... 324$ is pretty expensive. But if the pads work great it will be well worth it. Only thing I would be worried about is the cold weather in Canada:canada: -30 degree weather and race pads might not play nice.

Do you think your Rotora 355mm BBK will out stop a TRD 330mm kit?

darthyota

Reaction score
stop tech makes a 355 kit its just super hard to get your hands on it

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Stop tech vs rotora 355 there won't be much if difference...you will need to put the same two pads on both kits, and drive them both incredibly hard to find any sort of difference...I'm talking like lapping road america...in theroy, the 355 kit will take longer to heat sink.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Stop tech vs rotora 355 there won't be much if difference...you will need to put the same two pads on both kits, and drive them both incredibly hard to find any sort of difference...I'm talking like lapping road america...in theroy, the 355 kit will take longer to heat sink.

Alright. Sounds good. I'll see what Vex can bring in. The only thing that is an issue is the sh!tty 20" rims I use in the winter. Lets just say they are far from hella-flush. I don't know any of the specifications but they run a 245 series tire and have 1-2" of gap to be sitting flush.

darthyota

Reaction score
well you might just have to get rid of them if they don't fit anymore ;)

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Uhhhh...tire size has nothing to to do with offset...:dontknow:

they will most likely clear, unless they are more "sunk in" then stock....

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Uhhhh...tire size has nothing to to do with offset...:dontknow:

they will most likely clear, unless they are more "sunk in" then stock....

I believe they are more "sunk in" then stock. Reason for no facts on the rim.... I had no say in them.

fawk i don't want em

The 355mm BBK? Your giving up first dibs if Ryan finds a stop tech set? :biggrin:

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
nope gonna be there for a while i only dropped it off on friday o told ryan that they can use it as filler work between other higher priority stuff

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
nope gonna be there for a while i only dropped it off on friday o told ryan that they can use it as filler work between other higher priority stuff

I don't know when I'm dropping off my truck. I'm trying to hide the drop/sway bars from my dad right now. He said if I buy any more stuff he will make me use my birthday/christmas money for insurance, gas and tires. And I have a feeling that I will be needing a new set of summers very soon. :thumbdown:

hiflyer

Reaction score
I don't know when I'm dropping off my truck. I'm trying to hide the drop/sway bars from my dad right now. He said if I buy any more stuff he will make me use my birthday/christmas money for insurance, gas and tires. And I have a feeling that I will be needing a new set of summers very soon. :thumbdown:

Speaking of new set - I'm gonna need new set

2 are almost bare, and one of the 2 good ones has a screw in it the sidewall :(

I usually get from urban X off Mcknight and 12th Ave NE

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Speaking of new set - I'm gonna need new set

2 are almost bare, and one of the 2 good ones has a screw in it the sidewall :(

I usually get from urban X off Mcknight and 12th Ave NE

I will be going there too. Although I might pick up a set of Rota rims at the same time.

darthyota

Reaction score
bob at urban expressions is awesome between me an my family we have bought like 10 sets of wheels and tires from him. wilson install the sways your self when he's not around.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
bob at urban expressions is awesome between me an my family we have bought like 10 sets of wheels and tires from him. wilson install the sways your self when he's not around.

You guys go to the north location right?

Did you install your drop kit yourself?

hiflyer

Reaction score
Yeah I deal with the north urban x location :)

Prolly 5-6 sets of tires so far?

Top Bottom