SSM RegCab XR project in progress

Discussion in 'Exterior Modifications' started by nylesnakamasan, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Hi_On_X

Hi_On_X New Member

long as hes happy with it thats what matter the most....

2. Sykotic336

Sykotic336 New Member

ahhhhh lets not think negative guys its still what it is and what it is, is what he wants it to be lol but i still say it looks like frankenstein, just jokes nyles, just jokes:laugh::laugh:

3. Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN New Member

actually we was talking about that...and my friend mentioned the frankenstein thing LOL

4. Sykotic336

Sykotic336 New Member

well i wont rofl but it did make me giggle:laugh:

5. BSNA-Dark-Angel

BSNA-Dark-Angel I'm a girl!!!

well if he hadda bought a real "toyota XR ground kit" it would have costed him more than 2x wat he paid for those... the xr kit would run well over $4000... and that wouldnt be painted...

he really got wat he paid for cause if you look really good at the pics there are NO TABS for the BLUE clips... those are the main clips that hold on the ground kit...

i gotta give the guy a E for effort... but i sure would make it look clean...(bolts on the INSIDE)

6. nylesnakamasan

nylesnakamasan New Member

Hey I am back on the site...thanks to all for your input, don't worry you can give it to me hard, I am alright with everyone's opinions, that's why I am here on this site so don't think you should hold anything back :top:

I decided to use the bolts to hold it together because I felt that just using double side sticky on the non-showing side of the body kit and the screw-in bolts on the lining of the wheel well felt not secure...

I have researched how the factory kit is installed and I read this before in the forum but I will have to drill holes in the body just like what I have done...

The VIS kit didn't come with any fasteners or mounting hardware, the rear side of the kit had nothing, so if I were to copy the factory body kit, I would have to attach mounting hardware to the kit.

:top:

I just want to let everyone know that THIS IS NOT THE FINISHED PRODUCT. I get the feeling that some think that it's finished but it's not. Anyways, I feel that I am going to leave the bolts there for now until I have time to work on shaving them. I don't have much availability to work on the truck since I am working and full-time school.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS!

7. XR-Franciscoo

XR-Franciscoo New Member

:biggrin: heheheh my dirty mind made me laugh when I saw that.

8. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

keep us updated, it will look great when its done, best of luck in getting it done soon

9. lucke

lucke New Member

dude, you spent ~1700 on the kit alone... you need to mount it the right way.

10. gixxerman11

gixxerman11 Guest

u should have at least used rivits a lil cleaner

11. dak-rt-2a-XR

dak-rt-2a-XR Banned

did you have to cut up the kit to make it fit a regular cab since it was designed to fit an Access cab?

Im not all about the bolts, but its your truck. Would have saved you alot of work and time if you had called a dealership and got the mounting hardware.

12. speckdzl4shzl

speckdzl4shzl "Gym Junkie"

yes reg cabs are shorter, therefore, the only thing needed to be cut is the side skirts. you can see in one of the pics where he marked them.

13. Deviant

Deviant New Member

Yes but he should've cut the ends off, not the cut the middle and piece it together (thats what it looks like anyway). Then it wouldn't have the illusion of it bowing in

14. krazy_j

krazy_j New Member

i say just give the guy some time i think with a little time and effort its going to turn out sic i still say mold it into the body to eliminate the seams it will make it look cleaner

15. WrecKaGeJPX

WrecKaGeJPX New Member

man thats a nice lookin truck. i already like the setup you got before the body kit. should look even better though when you are through. good luck with the project

16. nylesnakamasan

in reply,

I thought I was getting the mounting hardware and moldings with the kit...(as I asked them over the phone and a representative said I would). It wasn't until after I recieved the kit that I found no mounting hardware. I then called them and a representative told me to use the stock mounting hardware (only available with the XRs)...what a bunch of s**t.

so my friend Justin called the dealership to get a quote on the mounting hardware, which they still never called back (been about a month) WTF.

I didn't get the factory mounting hardware because of this BULLSH*T.

so anyways, I am going to take some new pics and post it up...give you some full body shots and not close-up "bolt" shots :stupid:

17. Sykotic336

Sykotic336 New Member

bah keep calling them until they answer and if they say no more keep calling them some more lol... hey if you need call let me know:top::top: and you should compare shots with justin or me :D

18. wchoy09

wchoy09 New Member

brah. you gotta call a body shop theyll get the peices to you a lot faster. i had my truck in the shop repairing body work and it was out pretty fast the mounting hardware was the first to come.

19. Sykotic336

Sykotic336 New Member

yeah but wouldnt they charge for labor and whatnot? it looks pretty damn good for someone that doesnt work at a body shop lol ( no disrespect nyles )

20. nylesnakamasan

ya, was thinking about taking it to a body shop so they could get the mounting...but labor sucks...and I don't gots money