Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Deck Question?

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Could I hook up my subs to my stock deck? or do I have to get an adaptor for it?

XRobber

Reaction score
Yep, you need a LOC or a different head unit to hook an amp up.

stretch200

Reaction score
yea you can. I got my subs installed with the stock headunit. I don't know how they did it but its possible.

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
u need an line out convertor, tap it into a speaker line. Then you can use RCA's to the line out convertor to your amp. PAC sells a convertor, i have two of them that I used in my corolla to install a 4 channel amp, and one was split to another set of RCA's for a mono amp. Or you can get rockford 360 http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_categories.asp?cat_id=1 and you that for install. Put cheap way and its pretty clean is the Pac line out convertor. Or you can go with an amp that has high and low stereo input.

808X

Reaction score
I think I have whatever you need. I took out my stock deck hah wanna buy it from me? Honestly I think itd be better to buy a headunit then use stock. I was using stock for a while and with my new deck it sounds much louder at lower volumes.

07XR808

Reaction score
I think I have whatever you need. I took out my stock deck hah wanna buy it from me? Honestly I think itd be better to buy a headunit then use stock. I was using stock for a while and with my new deck it sounds much louder at lower volumes.

Yeah dude you should come out to the BBQ on the 22nd, i want to see your head unit. Ahdi showed me his and i just wanted to compare. Something to think about in the future.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Man its hard to decide if I want a touch screen or just a regular deck. Expensive or cheap? Hrmmm I would go with a touch screen but do I wanna spend that much when I can just get something cheaper and have pretty much the same thing? Le SigH... If only I were rich then I would buy such expensive sh8.

Deviant

Reaction score
You would need a line out convertor if you want to use the stock deck w/ aftermarket amps for subs/speakers.

A touch screen is nice and all if you want to be flashy but a simple deck looks very clean (to me) as well. The Pioneer Premier 880 PRS is a good single din choice to consider. The tuning that it's able to do is very nice :biggrin:

808X

Reaction score
Yeah dude you should come out to the BBQ on the 22nd, i want to see your head unit. Ahdi showed me his and i just wanted to compare. Something to think about in the future.
Yah Im thinking about going but that weekend is gonna be busy. I got my family fair thing at iolani that weekend I might be tired. Ill sign up later.
Shoots
Oh and go big or go home on the deck touchscreen all the way. Just buy it of of ebay and save choke. You can get a nice kenwood ddx6019 for $500. That is a good unit.

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
if you need a line out convertor ill sell you a rockford one for $10
i used it for like 2 weeks..reg price is like $25

Top Bottom