stock interior color

Discussion in 'Stock Interior' started by Repulze, May 27, 2014.

1. Repulze

Repulze New Member

Was just wondering if anyone painted any stock interior plastic and what paint would work best and not look cheap and trashy. I personally hate the grey and want more black.

2. Judas

Judas Member

I plan on doing this, hopefully in the near future.
    google it. theres a video that comes up with the guy from GEARZ, that i found pretty insightful.

3. gearhead899

gearhead899 Active Member

I've painted the AC control panel and window switch panels with black plastidip. Looks great and has held up well. I've also painted the cup holders with gloss black spray paint to match the exterior and clear coated it a bunch so it holds up well.

4. markgt531

markgt531 Active Member

i used the dupli color interior paint and painted literally everything gray in black. only thing left is carpets and the overhead panels..i shouldve wwent with plasti dip though, maybe next time when i have time.

5. Richie Rich

Richie Rich New Member

I would like to either paint the climate control panel black or replace it with a later (black) one.
    My stereo install kit is black, would look much better as a match with the climate controls.

Stealing the cupholder idea, mine is all scratched up.

Something I did is disassemble the stock subwoofer cover and paint it. Did the the body with black plastidip and painted the silver X with BSP duplicolor (3 coats of color, 3 coats of clear).
    Keep meaning to pull it off again and wetsand it, it pops as is but could be better.

6. x-runner kid

x-runner kid Active Member

I did the ac controls black as well as the air vents surrounding the head unit for the stereo.

7. metalpeddler88

metalpeddler88 New Member

If you have the money, you could always Duracoat the interior :p Hard as nails after it cures, so I bet it wouldn't even scratch. And now they make it in a spray paint can. :wink:

I've had good luck with the Dupli-Color Vinyl and Carpet paint. Perhaps get some cheap plastic panels from Pull-A-Part (from random cars), and practice to see what works best. Trial and error till you find something awesome.

8. LifeAlert

LifeAlert New Member

interested if there is a interior picture group of all these interior jobs somewhere on the forum

9. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Interior picture thread here

10. Judas

Judas Member

why do you say you should have went with plastidip? i was gonna go the duplicolor route, so im curious about what you dont like about it.

11. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Did you do any "soft" interior panels? Wonder how that would work on "foam" type pads like our center console lid. Have another older automobile that really needs to be "spiffed up."

12. skygear

skygear New Member

They are different finish and consistency. - I want to use that never wet spray.