Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stoner-x turbo build

STONER-X

Reaction score
here we go a toyota link to the p0031 i have... sounds like i didnt click it in all the way more so now.... they were working just fine when i took them out...

http://engine-codes.com/p0031_toyota.html

turbo lagggggggggg?

lol.. no i dont think it was that.. it seemed more like the motor was in a safe mode with out the o2 working properly..

i was pretty no go... i think my girls honda fit would have took me type of slow... and it was idling not normal... not bad just a little crappy sounding

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
hay Triumphx...

what is the turbo i have? i know it is a precision, but what is the model number?? i can't seem to find it listed on it...

Precision 6262 billet I believe, I think I had the model listed on my fs thread or it might say on the turbo box I gave you....and btw hay is for horses :top:

Are all of your clamps tight? No exhaust leaks?

Do you have o2 sims?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stoner, it seems that you have a connection problem with one of your sensors.

Gadget

Reaction score
The heater element in the front sensors are very brittle.

You can break them pretty easy. This happens about 1 out of every 5 or so long tube installs.

If you used an impact gun on the exhaust that right there is more than enough to rattle the sensors.

If you find you have all the harness connectors properly plugged in, you most likely have a busted sensor heater element.

G

STONER-X

Reaction score
got them removed and one of them sounds like a rattle... i guess thats busted...

X'ED

Reaction score
that sucks, one of mine "welded" itself to my stock header, had to go and buy a new one for the JBA long tubes it was over a hundred bucks..

hey at lest you didnt do what i did, when i first started mine it would just crank and die.. coming to find out, some how the MAF plate got tig'd upside down so the MAF was reading the air flow backwards..haha.. easy fix tho..

STONER-X

Reaction score
well i went to Torspd auto parts (lol) and got great deal on an O2 for the truck... lol..

without the help of him i would have been a sitting duck more than once THANKS MARK!!!

got the truck running and driving today!! it was nice to have it on the road!!

i am NOT use to the turbo kick compared to the S/C.. so far honestly i like instant power from the S/C.. BUT when the turbo kicks in which isn't a long wait... it flies!!!! pretty much as soon as the truck loses vacuum it boosts way.. compared to hitting the gas and it goes straight into boost.. i have to run the vacuum line from the waste gate to the manifold to get the boost level right... right now it should have a 7.2 spring in it, but it was only seeing about the 5 range.. i did not watch it that hard.. i was looking at the AFR gauge which sat at 10 under WOT..

still have some things to finalize like a few hose clamps here and there. ill get some video and some pics of the final install

Triumphx you will love the instant boost of the S/C!! :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pleasure to help you out my man. :top:

Now it is time to make a new accel vid. :D

Toon714

Reaction score
time for u to go to the big boys meet now!

i just ran the new boss 302 and was neck and neck with him from a 60 roll. he barely got me by a car at the end!
come out next weekend. when theres another meet. :top:

turbo is the shit!!!!!!!!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
time for u to go to the big boys meet now!

i just ran the new boss 302 and was neck and neck with him from a 60 roll. he barely got me by a car at the end!
come out next weekend. when theres another meet. :top:

turbo is the shit!!!!!!!!

Not bad margin of defeate for a un-tooned truck with a prototype turbo kit...:adore::blurock:

STONER-X

Reaction score
in the current set up as it sits now it felt like it was faster with the S/C.... after i see the missing 2lbs of boost that will be a different story... :)

i found a E manifold leak before i took it to work this morning.... it is the dirvers front.... the header before i put it on had a pretty bad E-leak sut (black junk) on it... gonna get some new gaskets and hope it isnt the header..

STONER-X

Reaction score

oh ya and BTY i am running no cats and no sims... with NO CEL (yet) have driven about 40-50 miles.. and have another 25 for my ride home from work today...

i used spark plug non foulers....

any recomendations for e maniflod gaskets?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The gaskets that URD sells are very nice. Fix that leak, and you will pick up even more power.

STONER-X

Reaction score
im gonna have to wait till next pay check.. :( or untill i see what i have left after i pay bills...

i have spent an unexpected amount on little connectors, hose, and that o2.. :( but it was well worth it...

i passed my first speed bump test two times this morning at work. lol... i have one more to pass when i leave...

i need to get the ball rolling on that cage..

the damn exhaust tip hits everything lol... but that is minor and expected being lower than the body kit.. when i pull into my drive way i hear a little **sling** can't wait to get that over the axle.. i welded in an extra mount where the double cab had one to keep it up higher...

i am thinking of cutting it off at the exit bend and clamping on a dump till i can get it done... the tone is hit or miss... really it sounds like straight pipe since it practally is, but when you lay into it there is this tone that just sings....???....

triumphx

Reaction score
I never had a issue with exhaust leaks at the header, hopefully it didn't get dinged in the box. Btw what I was going to do with the exhaust to raise it was just remove the ground effect where it exits and twist it so it raises just for the meantime

STONER-X

Reaction score
that is not a bad idea.. i just dont want to remove my body K... so i will do is about the same...

i want to cut somewhere after the muffler before it starts to make the bends for the exit.. save that part for the rear exit for later... and raise up the pipe and just use a clamp on dump to hold me off...

personally i think with the pipe hanging so low for the body kit is putting alot of straine on the headers since there is more weight.. plus when the exhaust gets tucked up more it will lift the trubo some more which is a BIG plus..

the extra exhaust hanger i welded in is not working out... it was a bolt that had a 90deg bend in it.. i welded it up sideways and the weight of the exhaust is making it bend... if i would have welded it vertical there would have been no problem.. needless to say i will have to fix that...

STONER-X

Reaction score
ok so i got my waste gate vacuum line run to the manifold.... go the exhaust all tucked up.. the hanger i welded in allowed the hanger bushing to slip off... so i put it back up and put a hose clamp over it... i was able to cut the tail pipe with out getting a dump since one of the bends allowed me to by the way it was bent...

so now when i got on it.......

before my AFR was at 10....

now it was on 12!!! is that too lean??? the boost went up to about 6+ but i let off when i saw 12... i think it was going to stay at 12 but better safe than sorry.... it dropped to 10 then went to 12... so i can see it might be running out of fuel... unless the exhaust leak has something to do with it...

Top Bottom