stoner-x turbo build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by STONER-X, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Posting in here as well. You should come over on Thursday for a little bit so I can help check it out. :top:

Let me know if you can.

2. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

are u going into boost from a roll or a dig?
    i never go into boost from a dig. i would lean out.
    thats why i only can get into boost from a roll. the trd reflash dont like turbos hitting boost from a dig. lol

u need the fuel pressure regulator mod to give u a lil more fuel.
    i think once thats done u should be hitting boost np.

3. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

I will have to do that.....

It is more from a slow roll.. in 2nd I haven't done too much in 1st cause it is so short...

4. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Torspd....Can u plz sticky that???

5. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

I need to. I will try to get some pics.

6. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Try connecting your fuel pressure regulator vacuum line to your charge pipe BEFORE the throttle valve.

That should get you more fuel pressure in boost equal to boost pressure, but it will not see vacuum so it will not decrease fuel pressure when you are not in boost.

You should get somewhere around a half value or better better AFR.

G

7. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

No sht...that's how mine is on my intake. Before the throttle and after the filter.

8. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

Gadget..

How would hooking the fpr line to the nipple on the Turbo? The little brass one that goes to the waste gate? ?? That is before the TB valve and I wont have to tap into the charge pipe?... just thought of the BOV but that would be in the same situation it will only see manifold pressures right?

9. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Need clarification.

When you say "No Shit" is that a question as in you did not know that or a statement saying I am a dumb ass or something. Kind of could go a couple of ways on that and want to make sure I am getting your meaning correctly.

G

Not sure about connecting it to the nipple on the compressor housing or not. Might work just fine.

I have a few of these things where you can stick them into a silicone coupler to give you a vacuum line nipple. I use those when prototyping new systems to test things before I decide on a production version. They work pretty good and you can yank them out and reuse them. I think I got them from ATP turbo or something like that.

Like I said, it will just up the fuel pressure in boost only and not reduce it when the engine goes into vacuum. Neat for our supercharger kits and works good on turbos. Won't work on setups like the TRD supercharger because there is no source for just boost only.

G

#69 Gadget, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  10. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

It is different for my set up to a NA or trd SC... mine will see positive pressure before the TB yours will only see positive pressure after the SC..

11. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

Besides having a long line run to it.. it will see more than the 7 Psi in the manifold? I might look in to those little taps you mentioned.. good idea

12. sdxrunner619

sdxrunner619 Active Member

That's the OEM routing for it. Instead, for our application, hook it up to the vacuum/boost line on the s/c, right behind the aftercooler. It will then adjust like a normal fuel pressure regulator. It will give us more fuel when in boost, and in turn make us run richer.

And before gadget chimes in and says it fawks up the fuel trim, when in vacuum, at idle, I see combined +18-20 tft.

So its still aways from setting a lean code.:top:
    Been running This for over 10k very hard miles and have had no problems, even with the factory tunning.:top:

13. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Excellent that was my plan. T off that connection with The boost gauge.

14. sdxrunner619

Yup. That's what I have done.

15. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

You can fix that fuel trim deviation with something simple like the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator, but what you really need is bigger injectors too.

G

16. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

So could part of my issue be coming from having the fpr in a vacuum line?

17. sdxrunner619

Now that I have a scan gauge, I know now my maf sensor was crapped out...and not a tunning issue with the maf cal. Eventually, im gonna re-install my maf calibratior, and give it another go and reinstall it.

What I need, is like 2 grand for a uconn and 7th.... :rolleyez:

18. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

I hear RockAuto has a good deal on the Jet Chip.

G

19. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Try like Gadget said, from a boost only source. The nipple on the turbo is just that. However, since you previously noticed a psi drop when routing the vacuum line directly from turbo to wastegate, versus manifold to wastegate, running a vacuum line from the nipple on the compressor to the FPR will increase the fuel pressure about 2-3 psi higher than manifold pressure.

I think that is what you had mentioned, that you were running 2-3 psi lower than what the spring was rated for? So since you routed the wastegate off of the manifold now, to get 7 psi there, the turbo is running about 9 psi. So the source off of the compressor nipple will make your fuel pressure go up to approximately 52.5 psi. Should make it plenty rich. ;)

Test it and report back.

Lol. :crinklehair:

#79 Torspd, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  20. sdxrunner619

Ha. Part owner of urd, AND a Comedian. is there anything this man can't do????:laugh: