Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

...stripe suggestions

blu xr

Reaction score
well after 3 yrs it seems im not the only xr in town anymore....been seeing a red one around. have not talked to them yet cause the 3-4 times i saw them ive been in my ws6 or rhd supra going the opisite direction. the wifes been driving the xr...but thats in another thread.

anyways i want to set mine apart a little and have seen several on here with cool looking stripe job. i was looking for suggestions on weather to go with paint or vinyl. also ive seen different sized stripes on cars and trucks and want to get those dims right.

i like the 2 thicker stripes with little space between. what widths are you guys using and how much of a gap do i leave between? instead of white i was thinking of matching the silver stock rims. i also thought about using the 19" racinghart c5's off my supra and going charcole on the rim and stripes.

sizes? suggestions? pics of anyone here you think got it right?

thx in advanced!

BlackCat

Reaction score
I presume you're talking about racing stripes and not pinstripes ?

If you're unsure of exactly what pattern you want to go with, I'd go with vinyl. It's cheaper and virtually goof-proof. That way, you can experiment with it and if you don't like it, you can rip it off, go buy some more and try again.

As for where, you can look up an installer in your phone book (look under automobile detailing or automobile window tint and ask if they do vinyl striping and who does it if the person you called doesn't).

Another option is the internet. Rvinyl is one supplier I've used in the past, though there are plenty of others as well http://www.rvinyl.com/racing_stripes.htm

As for color and size, well, that's a matter of taste and preference but you can look up the various trucks on XRU and Tacomaworld/CustomTaco's that did stripes for ideas. You can also do a google image search for other truck models with stripes.

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
You should ask ketchup what strips he used, cause his looks sick. They are the perfect size for our trucks

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Derrick's (DMC) were painted and were 12" each with a 1" gap between them. :top:

Sigpic.jpg

gunner76137

Reaction score
Heres my silver stripes and then my ice blue stripes.
Mine are vinyl

IMG00004-Copy2.jpg

100_1914.jpg

100_2021.jpg

Clewis333

Reaction score
I like the white ones on the swb, but if i got some on my RR i'd get either charcoal or jet black

blu xr

Reaction score
those are sweet pics guys.............now im really torn.

i was wondering weather to stop on the hood or go ahead take it down the grill & bumpers too.

was trying to think of some way to incorperate that with the black grill, bumper, airdam blackout cause i like that too.....

blu xr

Reaction score
well my wife is not as excited about the stripe idea as i am.....

.....she did trip out when she saw gunners skull on the tailgate and said "i want one of those!"

is that really painted on there or just super imposed on your sig? looks cool

Top Bottom