Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

subwoofer and midbass

Grantman

Reaction score
Not sure what direction to go in? The more I read about speakers the more I scratch of what I want to put in my new Tacoma.
Question #1, is sq the quality of the sound of the subwoofer and spl how loud the subwooffer is? if sq is the sound quality will adding more sq subs increase the spl (how loud the subs are)?
Question #2, can I in stall a combanation of sq and spl subs (same brand but maybe different sizes)?
question #3, I have had many after market systems in the past but never had midbass speakers, will adding them on this system make a big difference, and can they be installed behind or under a seat?
Question #4, if sq is the sound quality will adding more sq subs increase the spl?

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
1.yes the required air volume that is reccomnded is were you want to be. for example if a sub requires .8 air space volume. dont go any lower. and also to get a bogger box is not going to make the sub woofer any louder.

2. mixing sizes is just a bad idea because if you put a 10 and 12 the 12 will be able to handle more power than the 12, therefore you not getting the most out of the 12 but your pushing the 10 too much so your loosing either way.

3. IMO i wouldnt get mid bass speakers since the compartment inside is fairly small and the sub is right behind you, you wont even hear them..

i dont really understand your last question :hmmmm2:

James_T

Reaction score
Not sure what direction to go in? The more I read about speakers the more I scratch of what I want to put in my new Tacoma.
Question #1, is sq the quality of the sound of the subwoofer and spl how loud the subwooffer is? if sq is the sound quality will adding more sq subs increase the spl (how loud the subs are)?
Question #2, can I in stall a combanation of sq and spl subs (same brand but maybe different sizes)?
question #3, I have had many after market systems in the past but never had midbass speakers, will adding them on this system make a big difference, and can they be installed behind or under a seat?
Question #4, if sq is the sound quality will adding more sq subs increase the spl?

Technically, adding more subs in general will increase the SPL (sound pressure level), or basically, make more bass/decibels.

Sound Quality is a different characteristic of a subwoofer, that it is a perception of how the bass "feels." Some descriptors could be tighter bass, more depth, filler, loudness, distortion, etc. Personally, everyone has their own cup of tea on how music should be played. But on the SPL front, decibels measured are decibels measured.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
James_T said:
Technically, adding more subs in general will increase the SPL (sound pressure level), or basically, make more bass/decibels.

Sound Quality is a different characteristic of a subwoofer, that it is a perception of how the bass "feels." Some descriptors could be tighter bass, more depth, filler, loudness, distortion, etc. Personally, everyone has their own cup of tea on how music should be played. But on the SPL front, decibels measured are decibels measured.

The sound is determined by couple factors your head unit , amp, subwoofer & sub box...also how its tuned as well ....

Top Bottom