Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Summit SUM-770501

CanuckXtruck

Reaction score
I just got a set , got them home, opened the box an there is no instructions. I can't be of much help yet but they look fairly simple to install. I will probably install them this weekend and let you know how it went. ( if someone else hasn't by then)

CanuckXtruck

Reaction score
I didn't install them yet. I did attempt it on the weekend and found that it will be more difficult than I expected. The spring clamp plate / shock mount is deeper than the clearence allowed on the traction bar. I will have to grind notches into the leading and trailing edges of the spring clamp plate to allow the traction bar mounts to seat on the spring. I could also put a metal shim (.5 to .75 inch) between the traction bar mounts and the spring. Neather of these options appeal to me or seem strong enough, so I am looking at other options.

Reg

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
ive had them on here and there off and on for a few months

as mentioned above, youll need to notch the shock plate so the the bars sit straight and can work correctly. also youll need to shim the rear of the bar at the rear ubolt so that it will bring up the snubber to the leaf spring. If not, youll have more than hald an inch of gap, and you wont be helping yourself any. they are made to hit the leaf quickly and reduce the axle wrap sooner. if you allow the extra space, well then its got more time to hop around.

they are a good tool in aiding traction, they have been used for a 30+ years in the muscle car world, so they have to work some what.

08x-runner

Reaction score
can someone send me a pic of what you are talking about notching? Any closeup pics of them installed?

Top Bottom