Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SuperBright LED order

Slay0r

Reaction score
hey, if you'r serious i have a set of 921-w9 (i think its the reverse lights for the XR) that i ordered by mistake when i tried to get my reverse lights for the evo. can i throw my reverse lights in w/ ur order in trade for mine that fits in yours?

ima txt u. i needa run somewhere real quick

i can run them over real quick before i go. Insta-mod lol

Last edited:

Workman3886

Reaction score
Dude, I swear I just completed my order like 5 mins ago.... ahhhh I'm sorry dude I was exicted

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I decided to try the bulb finder thing that they have and it worked out pretty well, except

1. I managed to get the wrong dome light, the bulb was "too short" to fit into our clips.
2. I ordered amber rear marker lights, and I cannot install them into my taillights. I think this may be because the 09 has the LED tails which seem to have those amber lights built into them somehow. If anyone knows how to get to that bulb let me know.

Over all everything else is great, and the only places I dont have LEDs yet is the 4 turn signals, and the Third brake light.

Workman3886

Reaction score
just got my bulbs today. they all went in nicely except for the reverse lights. it seems to be kind of loose because the bottom part isn't long enough. anyone else have this problem?

I just wanted to add I also had this same problem, the connector is the exact same but the bottom on the light isn't long enough, or too wide, however you want to look at it.

I actually used my Dremel to shave some of the plastic off around the LED light, took about 5 mins a light and I filled in any thin spots with silicone, but after that they fit in perfect.

BTW the lights look AMAZING!!!! Unbelievable how great they look being such a cheap mod!!! Thanks Slayor!

Big O

Reaction score
Look's like U've gone over to The Darkside , & it looks good.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Ryan- thats weird. Nupeprime has my old leds, and the ones i have are the ones on the list and they worked for us. I have an extra set of 921s at my place. I need 7440 for the evo.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
i ordered all the same ones off the list and mine worked just fine.

Toon714

Reaction score
i ordered these led everything fits and looks bad ass!
only problem is when i tried installing the reverse led in my 09+ tail lights the led bulb fits but it falls off...
so i didnt use them kuz im scared there gonna fall inside the tail light.

nvm. i got the reverse lights in. :top:
had to shave the inside of the connector where the bulb sits with a exacto knife and it fit tite! :rockon:

thx slayor! this mod loooks bad ass all my lights match my retro headlights now.

Last edited:

Slay0r

Reaction score
hrmm, i wonder if the 09+has a slightly diff. size for that bulb

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Tacoma's from 2001 -2010 all take 921 bulbs for reverse lights, I also replaced my interior, license plate and reverse lights with Superbright LEDs sometime ago and had no issues on my 2009.

Slay0r

Reaction score
thats what i thought, i just dont know why some ppl are having issues with theirs

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
NICE exterior lights! and i like how the interior lights are like stock but just white(not bright, n dim)

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
heres my results:

Before:
DSCN4944.jpg

DSCN4946.jpg

After:
DSCN4952.jpg

DSCN4961.jpg

DSCN4963.jpg

A few tips for install:
for the licence plate lights and dome I had to bend out the leads on the leds to make sure they made proper contact:
before:
DSCN4956.jpg

bent out:
DSCN4959.jpg

also i used a butter knife to pop out the map light covers but then had a hell of a time getting the actual bulb out so I pulled off the entire unit where i could push the bulbs out from the top.

To get the overhead console out there is a single screw in the sunglass holder, once that is out pull the unit from the rear and it will pop out.. be sure not to loose any of the metal tab pieces as they can go flying....

overall a cheap and easy mod:top:

Top Bottom