Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sylvania Silverstar zXe Bulbs

Reaction score
I saw these just came out a few months back and I was wondering if any one has tried out these bulbs. They claim to be one step above the Silverstar Ultras and it says they are the whitest bulbs on the market while being DOT legal. I'm thinking about picking some up because I don't want to mess with the HID conversion and blinding everyone on the road.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/SilverStarzXe/

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Silv...=UTF8&coliid=I5EHK0631TUCB&colid=3S9A0E77O9GD

X_Less

Reaction score
I work at autozone (sad, I know)... We got these in when they first came out and I thought about it for a few weeks and decided to purchase a set for the family back up car (2007 Impala LS).

They are pretty white, and we have the "ultras" in another back up car (2003 Corolla LE) and the ZXE's are a step above them... I had to angle the headlights on the Impala to get the best light output out of them but i'm happy with the purchase.... But as I tell my customers who ask me about them, Their nice... But i'm not sure their $60 nice (i got employee discount on them).

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Yes a nice find. But $60 is a lil steap for a lil over factory bright bulbs. But for $100 u can get dual beam HID's from DDM

Reaction score
HID's would be nice but my understanding is without projector headlights made for HIDs they tend to be out of alignment and blind oncoming drivers. I'd rather just have a direct plug-and-play high performance halogen.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
i have the Phillips Xtreme bulbs and i love them. brighter than (crap)Syllvanias and much brighter than stock. they claim to be the brightest non-HID bulb available (at least when i bought them)

x20Runner05

Reaction score
My HID bulbs have shields on them so its not all that blinding. HID are bright even in a factory lense

X_Less

Reaction score
I didn't know they came with the glare guard.

Reaction score
i have the Phillips Xtreme bulbs and i love them. brighter than (crap)Syllvanias and much brighter than stock. they claim to be the brightest non-HID bulb available (at least when i bought them)

Are they super bright white or do they have a blue tint to them? Have you had them on quite a while? The only thing I worry about with brighter bulbs is they tend to have a shorter lifespan.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Are they super bright white or do they have a blue tint to them? Have you had them on quite a while? The only thing I worry about with brighter bulbs is they tend to have a shorter lifespan.
i had them on my 2010 prerunner for a year and a half and have had them on the X for about 3 months. they are pure white (no blue) and as far as i can tell, arnt gonna crap out anytime soon. the one thing that will kill a bulb fast is if you touch the glass with your hand. it puts oil on it, which gets very hot when the bulb heats up and can blow it much faster than it should

X_Less

Reaction score
Old thread revival... I put ZXE's on the X-Runner last night and at first was disappointed because they look good on the Impala and just glared all over the place on X But I ended up finding out the bulbs were in backwards and after re-adjusting them (need to point them down a tad more me thinks), I'm happy with them on the X.

Stock fog light bulbs for now...
zxe001.jpg

Still need to point them down a tad more (fog lights are off)
zxe002.jpg

J

JDUB916

I agree with above, my HID's have a shield and never had a prob with blinding people unless I put my hi beams on, damn those are bright and go out farrrr

elynor_v

Reaction score

They do still claim to be the brighest non-HID bulb. From what I've seen and read, Phillips Xtreme is what I will be using. :boink:

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
They do still claim to be the brighest non-HID bulb. From what I've seen and read, Phillips Xtreme is what I will be using. :boink:
nice!:top:

im 100% satisfied with the brightness of these bulbs. VERY bright for a non-HID

Top Bottom