Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T-56 conversion kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

05X-Runner

Reaction score
1. 05X-Runner
2. Torspd
3. Shanes56
4. revobreaker
5. sweetwilliebrownjr
6. BLACKED OUT

Last edited:

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Deposit paid yesterday! Life is good! I can't wait to get rid of the 1st to second grind. It's so bad, I usually miss second when I'm really on it. Very discouraging. Between the trans and blower, I've decided to line up the opposite direction of the earths rotation and see if I can't slow down the day so we can have more lighted hours:)

rexrunner

Reaction score
If you guys use the ssr tranny it will save u a lot. It's perfect with the stock rear gearing. Has a 32 spine output. other that it has the same mounts. Just research it. Have it in my. x

Tunedx

Reaction score
If you guys use the ssr tranny it will save u a lot. It's perfect with the stock rear gearing. Has a 32 spine output. other that it has the same mounts. Just research it. Have it in my. x

I'm assuming this is not direct bolt up for the 1gr guys wanting t56? Details?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
He dropped in an LS motor.

SSR trans seems like it may be harder to come by though:dontknow:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a little tip. I paid $350 for my T56. Bought it off craigslist with a bad 2nd gear. I had the intention of rebuilding anyway since you never know what you are getting with used parts. Ordered the stage 2 rebuild kit from thegearbox.org for $650 and paid $200 bucks to have it rebuilt. So for 1200 bucks I had a trans good for 600+HP.

How the hell did you get this lucky?

Ive been checking at least once a week and cant find any good deals on the right model/year

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
How the hell did you get this lucky?

Use search tempest and set the distance way out there. I had to drive like 3 or 4 hours (one way) to get the thing.
But that sure beats what most places will charge you to find a core.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Just a quick question: I found a 99 tacoma with a v6, and maybe able to get the carrier from it for about $150. What is the actual code that I should be looking for? Im looking for a 4.10 ratio. I came up with g292 or g293. Is this right?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Just a quick question: I found a 99 tacoma with a v6, and maybe able to get the carrier from it for about $150. What is the actual code that I should be looking for? Im looking for a 4.10 ratio. I came up with g292 or g293. Is this right?

Not sure on the actual code, its kind of a hassle looking for toyota carrier assemblies. They are called all sorts of different things depending on who makes the ad.
I believe a V6 as long as its not an e-locker will work. My carrier was actually out of a tundra.
What gear ratio transmission are you planning on going with? Reason I ask is the 4.10s with the .5 OD might not be the best combo. I went with 4.30s which is working out pretty good, but on the highway it puts a pretty good load on the motor crusin 65ish. Luckily I never drive that slow so I don't really have an issue LOL. but 4.10s would be even worse. You might have to cruise around in 5th, or run about 100mph LOL.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
Was planning on the .5 overdrive. It seems like 5th would be about the same as sixth is now, so I'd have 6th for interstate doing 70-80. I was originally looking for 4.30, and would prefer it, but the cheapest I found was around 700 on ebay. I'm struggling to find one while I've got the money. I've been on craiglist constantly, and this is the closest I've found. But thanks for the cruisin info, I guess I need to start looking for a 4.30 again.

I just need to find some 4.30s, which seems nearly impossible.

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
search auto recyclers. You just have to figure out exactly what vehicles use the same 8.5 carrier we have and start searching. Should be able to find one with decent miles in the 4-500 range. I found quite a few when I was looking. Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom