Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tacoma Airbag recall 06-09

butters607

Reaction score
ok for all u wondering what it exactly is for the recall its the spiral cable for the tacomas with no steering wheel controls which for thoes that dont no its right behind the actual steering wheel it self that deploys the drivers side airbag if u have questions on any other recalls let me no i can give you the exact thing from toyota that they send the techs

Yea what's the crank pulley recall for?

GillMAN

Reaction score
weelllll, this makes sense. rolled my 08' five times and no airbags deployed. it seemed a little odd.

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
Yes the recall is for all tacoma base models prerunner xrunner but you really need to.get it done they say the air bag.light will turn on but im not taking any chances

stockredx

Reaction score
What exactly is an XRunner base model? Mine has every" bell and whistle" one can imagine as it came from the factory....?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
The base model Tacoma, the X Runner is not the base model Tacoma. If he is right then the Xr, Pre runners, 4x4s will not need it with Steering wheel radio controls. Our VINs will not be listed if we don't have the failing part in question.

For the post above about the roll. If the crash sensors don't get enough of a impact from the front they will not ignite. They need to see a few Gs of force from a front end impact. They are designed to not go off in side impacts (except side impact air bags of course equipped vehicles of course ) or rear end impacts where the bags are not needed. That also saves repairs costs.

08x

Reaction score
its only the non steering wheel control models and thats for drivers side air bag only its a 7 pin set up as the steering wheel control set ups r 16 pin and on a roll over it wont deploy airbags because your two crash spots r right behind the grilll

the crank shaft pulley recall is for certain year siennas solars camrys and avalons with v6s but has to have a certain symbol on it and the reason there being replaced is because they r sepertaing from what we have been told yet i have yet to see one

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Awesome information thank you guys for figuring it all out! Looks like the X is good to go!

J

JDUB916

Interesting. Wondering if that is why my air bags never deployed in my first head on crash into a pole @ 25-30mph, or the recent accident where I got hit in the rear on the freeway that put me in a spin, and then hit in the front left in which my XR was totaled. Neither time did any of them deploy

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I do have to say there has been quite a few people on here that have been in some kind of an accident and their air bags have not deployed. :dontknow:

Is there anybody on here that has had an accident with there X and the air bag deployed? With everybody saying their air bags failed I definitely hope nobody has any accidents with an XR.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Interesting. Wondering if that is why my air bags never deployed in my first head on crash into a pole @ 25-30mph, or the recent accident where I got hit in the rear on the freeway that put me in a spin, and then hit in the front left in which my XR was totaled. Neither time did any of them deploy

Depends on the speed, object, amount of G force generated on impact. The forces are lower at 25 then say 45.

Top Bottom