Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Test Drove an FR-S today....

azburnin

Reaction score
All i can say is wow, i had my GF the salesman in the car with me and it boogied. I drove the crap out of it right before some dude bought it lol. It handled comfortably with its low center of gravity, i must say Toyota and Subaru and done a fantastic job!

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Small cars...
IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Did make me miss my 88 Supra more... :frown:

xrgilly

Reaction score
seen them in action at an auto x last weekend fairly impressive

azburnin

Reaction score
It was very impressive stock, i cant imagine the aftermarket for them.

redarkx

Reaction score
I have say, my girlfriend and I are looking at buying her one around early next year if there still around. Even though she will then be faster than me. :(

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Test drove one yesterday. O.k. but not impressed by the automatic transmission. I'll wait for a manual to come along

Attachments

• FRS front.jpg
    FRS front.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 41

azburnin

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i test drove was an manual, smooth shifting. Unlike our X lol. For the cost, and the thrill it provides i say its very understated.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I wish Subaru would hurry up and get theirs here!

azburnin

Reaction score
They dont? I'm curious to the actual "difference" people are saying about handling and if its worth it? because everything else is the same. unless the navigation unit is standard in their models

trd_sport

Reaction score
az now go test drive a subie and let us know if theres any differences you can tell

azburnin

Reaction score
lol i was thinking about it, but the process may not be worth it lol. It's not a terrible idea though lol

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
lol other than the front and rear bumper covers being different I am pretty sure both cars are assembled the same...:dontknow:

here is a vid of me test driving the FR-S at autoX
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA2LTuWD3xg[/ame]

overall I liked the car but its still a small car, not about to run out a trade in the x.....

Last edited:

azburnin

Reaction score
24k + 1,500 mark up for (Clear cover bra, and something else that i forgot at this moment)

Nice video BTW. It is a small car, it's not supposed to be purpose built for a lot of people to fit into it. It's not a grocery getter, its a sports car. I suppose yet if you wanted a bigger car over all there are many options for it.

To me it's worth trading in the X, its a great car. I love to do road course events and yes the X is fantastic for this however the reason i'm looking at the FR-S is built for this already. A few modifications and wammy i'm eating fools alive!

I'm thinking of getting a Black one, which they call Raven Black.

Top Bottom