Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The everything Plasti Dip thread

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
redarkx said:
One rim... Just one. Lol.

You did that bronze color with plastidip? And what kinda tool box is that back there I been trying to find something that's not real notice able.

redarkx

Reaction score
It's bronze over plastidip. And the tool box is made by UWS and I can't remember the model. Got it at a local truck shop in Arkansas.

Roseknight

Reaction score
not noticable is right.. I didn't see it till you said something..

Zibilich

Reaction score
One of my buds just bought a 2012 4x4 tacoma and plastidipped his rims.. And my other friend with a 98taco decided that hes gonna plasti dip his entire truck! They have kits online that are made to spray your whole car with and they come in plenty of different colors.

Iggy08

Reaction score
got the lower evo mod done finally (already had done my emblem) but now I really wanna just go for the full evo mod! and I wanna do the fog sockets too, Just haven't had time to find out how to pop those suckers out.

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 118

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
It's simple and there is a write up on it some where on here

Iggy08

Reaction score
yeah, I'll probably do it after Cars & Coffee Saturday. If you have time you definitely have to check that out at least once in your life lol really awesome meet, really nice cars! I did the lower evo after a (crappy) meet last saturday

Gio927

Reaction score
So after spending a few hours last night taking my head lights off and apart and a few hours this morning getting them all put together this is what my bhlm with plastidip came out like. I love it other than the clear lenses are a little hazed it was like that when I bought it. Anyone on here know how to get them back to clear?

How has the plastidip held up with the head of the lamp?? I'd like to do that but I don't want it to get ruined with the heat from my HIDs. Let me know. Thanks

cr$nXrunner

Reaction score
So after spending a few hours last night taking my head lights off and apart and a few hours this morning getting them all put together this is what my bhlm with plastidip came out like. I love it other than the clear lenses are a little hazed it was like that when I bought it. Anyone on here know how to get them back to clear?

is there a write- up on the headlights?

SDXR619

Reaction score
Has anyone done gun metal plasti-dipped rims? I remember seeing someone on the site with it but I couldn't find it. Help ?

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
i just plastidipped my Evo-X:p

Attachments

• xrunner41.jpg
    xrunner41.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 140
  • xrunner42.jpg
    xrunner42.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 117

dramad1

Reaction score
I second that ^^. I really like how the plasti dips finish looks.

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
thanks, im thinking i want to paint my hood roof tunna cover and tailgate this weekend but idk how it would look with my evo mod???? and ideas

JFrame

Reaction score
I have a buddy who Plasti Dipped his whole cobalt. Came out pretty good sweet. He did a really good job at keeping it even all over the car, he is a painter by trade though.

My roommate Plasti'd his wheels for the Winter to protect from salt/sand on the roads and they held up fine. There was a little bit of peeling in some places because he just half ass'd it when he put it on. Didn't tape anything off or even take the wheels off the car. Just sprayed it and used a razor blade to break the seal between the tire and the rim. Wheels looked good as new when he pealed it back off.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Gadget has a painted EVO mod on his SWB if you want to see what it looks like...

Top Bottom