Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official exhaust thread

joman

Reaction score
well i've been searching the net and i remember when i had my nissan maxima 3.0 v6 auto, almost simliar to our X 4.0 v6 i purchased a warpspeed y pipe i also paired it up with an apexi ws2 exhaust. the exhaust note i had was great! the only other mod i had at the time was an injen intake. i called warpspeed to see if they made an exhaust for our taco's which they do. the price isn't that bad either but they have no pics on their website..has anyone had any experiences with warpspeed for our trucks or in general?...the exhaust they have is a 3inch in and out..i'm tempted to be the ginea pig well not really. but i just wanted to throw that out there..

BBCoffroad

Reaction score
ive got a urd o2 sim dtlt and pipe bomb if any one wants a deal on all 3 pm me im still under 30 post so i cant officialy sell it

808XR10

Reaction score
the magnaflow sounds mellow and stocky....i wonder how it performs:hmmmm2:

Snoopy_TXR

Reaction score
It would be nice if HKS made exhausts systems for our car. Or am I the only one who thinks that way?

HighNoon

Reaction score
So money is not an issue and sound is not my first preference, but performance is (tends to go hand in hand anyways)... So here is the big question for everyone, with money not being an issue, i want to replace the headers all the way back, any suggestions???

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So money is not an issue and sound is not my first preference, but performance is (tends to go hand in hand anyways)... So here is the big question for everyone, with money not being an issue, i want to replace the headers all the way back, any suggestions???

Money not being an issue.... do custom headers. a well designed set of headers will make everything else on the market look like a joke. Designed right, they will require a full custom exhaust from the headers back.

808XR10

Reaction score
yes. design your own headers and exhaust and hopefully you can sell that design and everybody can rock it too. i want STILLEN make headers for our trucks, i know they make monster headers

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Let me ask this question. Has anybody modded there stock y pipe to delete the rear cats, and if so how well did it turn out?

808XR10

Reaction score
xr_skyline did and he said it sounded nice but no noticeable performance gain.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking to hear a sample of differences in muffler with the URD set up. I am N/A and looking to go with the TRD cai, DTLT's, stock y and the URD exhaust. Just wondering what the sound would be like with each set-up (ie turbo vs magnaflow). any imput would be great - my x is a daily driver so I not lookign to make a ton of noise just good sound....

Messenger

Reaction score
Anybody weld in a Borla S-Type or XR-1 muffler? Also, are the entrance and exit pipes on the stock muffler lined up or offset?

SooRunner

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking to hear a sample of differences in muffler with the URD set up. I am N/A and looking to go with the TRD cai, DTLT's, stock y and the URD exhaust. Just wondering what the sound would be like with each set-up (ie turbo vs magnaflow). any imput would be great - my x is a daily driver so I not lookign to make a ton of noise just good sound....

If you go to page 4 and post #40 there is my urd with magnaflow turbo xl muffler on it. I still can set off stock car alarms. I thought the "turbo" supposed to muffle it down some but it still roars!

Anybody weld in a Borla S-Type or XR-1 muffler? Also, are the entrance and exit pipes on the stock muffler lined up or offset?

I had a borla pro xs welded on my stock exhaust system and it sounded nice. I think I ordered a center/center muffler. You basically cut out the stock can and weld in the aftermarket muffler.

Messenger

Reaction score
For some reason you reversing all the way back made me laugh. Sounds nice!

For everyone else, I'll try to have a clip for my Borla 3" XR1 soon.

Oklahoman06RR

Reaction score
Does anybody have a setup that utilizes a Flowmaster 10 series race muffler? Just was wondering because I have an idea in my head using two of these and would just like to know what it would sound like. Thanks :top:

Generation-X

Reaction score
I made a thread but to be able to post 2x on it :) LOL

Doug Thorley long tubes, pipebomb, 18"resonator, banks monster exhaust, custom rear setup with hotrod styled look / silverline tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSdhuPvcabE

41260_10150263492675447_621035446_14585079_1514830_n.jpg

Top Bottom