The Perfect X-Fest

Discussion in 'Site News & Updates' started by NHXRUNNER, Oct 25, 2019.

1. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

After having to convert X-Fest into a local meet this year I'm more determined than ever to put on the best X-Fest 2020 possible. The purpose of this thread is to get input on what we would do at your perfect X-Fest. I tried to get us on an actual racetrack this year but based on limited interest we were priced out. In the past we've chosen locations with exciting cruise routes, whitewater rafting, mountain activities, etc. What's most important to you? Price? Accommodations? Activities? Let me know your thoughts.

2. mejbro

mejbro Member

I would think activities... I've rented the track with friends before and by the end of the day, we were racing the golf carts. The location couldn't have been better when you said Finger Lakes. That gets spouses involved as there are wine tours, that in my opinion, can't be beat. Lots of water activities and large spaces for us hooligans. I'm down for any upcoming East Coast event! I'M FREAKIN' PUMPED!

3. PLCX

PLCX Active Member

I’m down. Too bad I missed the one in pa a few years back. Would like to see that happen again maybe we can shoot some sporting clays this go around?

4. mejbro

mejbro Member

Not a bad idea!
    I've been talkin' your truck up to my cousin, secretly...

PLCX likes this.
  5. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

Now that I have a 2014 X-R I can plan to attend again. I don't think the Canucks mind long drives, I speak for myself. Water sports are great, Go carts are fun, zip line great view, shopping for some of the ladies

6. Wayside

Wayside Member

The track or strip would have been a fun time even if it was only a half day rental or only a few hours. The Biggest factor for Tab and I is the date when It will be and advanced noticed for it as we have to plan our holidays accordingly. When we went to the Wisp a few years ago I think you posted up a few dates early in the summer or late spring and had us all vote on the dates we were able to attend majority rules of course a and had hard date buy mid summer. I know a few of us Canucks also put their trucks away for the winter my self included and that is usually early to mid October depending on how fast the weather turns up here.

Like Gators said we don't mind the long drives. Tab and I like going to new spots and exploring. We really like the mountain events where there is lots of activities close by and nice accommodation. Its also nice to have an evening spot or main hang out area as well the patio at the Wisp or fire pit at Lake Harmony stands out in my mind.

7. Superloki24

Superloki24 Member

The long drive for me is not an issue either. I enjoy the drives, especially when we can get a couple of us Canadians together for the drive down.

As for location, I would say no to a track event. The only reason is that I know if I go to the track, I'll drive the truck hard and that increases the risk of something breaking on it. And having it towed back to Canada would not be fun. I loved the Wisp trip. Lots of outdoor activities to do and nice drives in the mountains.

As Tom said, the advance notice is key to me. My vacation time is at a premium so I have to plan way ahead if I need to take time off.

8. joshxrmora

joshxrmora Member

Wouldn't mind getting back together with this bunch. its been a while and had a lot of fun last time. its all about the activities tho.

9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I'm always partial to a good cruise route. I know that we all drive from a really long way to get to these events but the reason we love our trucks is because we love to drive them. Hence why I prefer a good cruise route or a racing theme (drag or road course). I'm also partial to the more rural locations because it's easier to navigate a line of 20-30 trucks through the woods rather than through a busy city.

Superloki24, mejbro and PLCX like this.
  10. autobodyX

autobodyX Active Member

I thought the finger lakes ides was a good one. Watkins glen does touring laps every day at noon weather permitting for 25 dollars. It’s nothing like a track day but it’s fun. Plan it around any NASA event weekend anywhere and a hyperdrive 20 minute session is 50.00 they run all over the country.

mejbro likes this.
  11. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I’ll see what they plan next year!

mejbro likes this.
  12. sf.larry

sf.larry New Member

Since everyone likes to drive so much, come on over to the Bay Area. With the exception of half the state being on fire it’s beautiful.

PLCX likes this.
  13. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Finger lakes matt

mejbro likes this.
  14. spicciani2

spicciani2 Member

Is this week the x-runners at deals gap week? I saw a redish xrunner there last week

15. Gators Taco

Gators Taco <a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho

sf.larry, I drove all the way to Cranbrook BC to get my X-R. That was a 2100 miles run. What's another 1000 miles

mejbro likes this.
  16. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

There was a guy on FB that tried to put something for a week or two ago. There were 6 trucks there. Just so there's no confusion, this thread is for X-Fest, which is hosted by XRU annually.

mejbro and PLCX like this.
  17. easts1d3

easts1d3 Well-Known Member

I thought Wisp was a great location. It had an amazing view of the mountain with lots of activites.

If we could somehow find a local track to be able to do some autoX or circuit racing.
    Autox isnt too hard on the truck. No high speeds or long heavy braking cycles that cause boil anyones brakes.

Maybe plan one more day so we get to hang out and get to know each other better.

devan08 and Gators Taco like this.
  18. PiNkY

PiNkY Active Member

Ok just to be clear what state is this gona be going down in? Cuz I may get a wild hair and drive my happy ass on over....

19. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

PA/MD/NY area

20. PiNkY

PiNkY Active Member

Oh wow yeah thatd be one hell of a trek but if I did it on the stock motor before doing the engine swap...maybe just maybe.....when does this usually go down?