Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Throttle Body Spacers !!!!

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
ok ok ... i know they are a waste of money, and they do not increase peformance, but me personally I like the sound of them. On with the the question ...

I see there are 4 different kinds of TBS we can get for our Trucks:
- Taylor Cable Helix Power Tower Throttle Body Spacer
- Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
- aFe Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacers
- Jet Power-Flow TBI Spacer

To anyone who has had these if you can please tell me the sound it made if any, and how loud it is compared to the others. Not looking for a really loud one or one that is completely silent, want something in the middle. I see AFE makes one that is supposed to reduce the noise a little, and AFE is a company I trust somewhat, so leaning toward that right now. Thinking it may go along with my intake somewhat considering AFE makes TRD. Anyone have any input on how theirs sounded ???

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Afe doesn't make a noise. From all the vehicles I've driven with them the airaid makes a whistle. Hell it says if it whistles, its working.

butters607

Reaction score
dude save your money they are junk buy the nst intake manifold
spacer

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the airaid spacer and it makes a whistle, NST spacer is going in very shortly!!

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Afe doesn't make a noise. From all the vehicles I've driven with them the airaid makes a whistle. Hell it says if it whistles, its working.

Have you heard an AFE on a Taco ? or just on others ? and how does the Airaid/Poweraid sound ?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I had the AFE when I got Lucario, it was a freebie mod from a taco buddie. I sold it cause it didn't do anything. I say go for the NST spacer. But if you want get the airaid one for the noise.

Gadget

Reaction score
I really think those TBS things are one of the biggest wastes going.

Now with that said if you all want to start a GB list for the aFe TBS I will do that for you, but you will not see them on the URD site.

G

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I would say save your money or get the nst intake manifold spacer.

But if I was to choose one I would go with the Jet Flow one because its the cheapest and the reviews say it whistles loud (which you want).

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It whistles don't get me wrong the odd clown will ask how much boost I have haha, but I got mine from eBay for the same price as a case of beer so no harm no foul here, I have just about every n/a mod so for the tbs I though meh it's a whistle lol

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Anyone install the aFe throttle body, knows if it whistles at all ???????

Murderface

Reaction score
Why are u so hung up on this whistle from a $100 paperweight? Is there nothing else u can buy for ur truck that actually works? Just sayin

Coupe

Reaction score
You need the one with the nitrous port.........

butters607

Reaction score
the absolute only reason I would get this is to make a 7th injector for my truck that's if I can't find one to buy

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^Gadget can hook u up with an APR 7th injector right away, he hooked me up!

Murderface

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned!! Seems APR don't have shit for us these days:thumpdown: But I gots mines:crinklehair:

Top Bottom