Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

time for me to down grade

Xraided

Reaction score
well i took a huge pay cut when i was medically discharged from the army in dec and im gonna have to down grade on the fuel and fluids that ive been using and i have a few questions as to what are the negative effects from using 91 and then goin down to 87, also ive been using royal purple engine oil since the first oil change and im going to have to down grade to another oil, any tips or advice on what to switch too??

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
well i took a huge pay cut when i was medically discharged from the army in dec and im gonna have to down grade on the fuel and fluids that ive been using and i have a few questions as to what are the negative effects from using 91 and then goin down to 87, also ive been using royal purple engine oil since the first oil change and im going to have to down grade to another oil, any tips or advice on what to switch too??

First off sorry to hear about your pay cut.

As for fuel, you will be perfectly fine with 87 octane... that is unless you have a specific tune for 93 octane but looking at your mods list it doesn't seem like you do.

Oil, just get 100% synthetic and whatever is on special.... no need to be brand specific. There isn't much difference between different brands of 100% synthetic oils under normal driving condition. Royal purple just has a good marketing team. Other 100% synthetic brands will do just fine.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Lost of power & mpg is the first thing you'll notice. You may notice some hesitation in throttle transistion. I made the switch when drivng duty didn't required any heavy load, only to have downside switch me back. With mpg lost on 87, it was cheaper for me to run premium. But don't take mybword for it, find ou for yourself. If anything, I would put in at least 89. Unless you're boosted, then you have no choice but to run the good stuff.

I was using RP oil as well since I had a hookup. When things change, I went with Mobil1 because it fit my budget. Just stay discipline with your change interval and you'll be alright.

Are you still in Daygo?

Xraided

Reaction score
Lost of power & mpg is the first thing you'll notice. You may notice some hesitation in throttle transistion. I made the switch when drivng duty didn't required any heavy load, only to have downside switch me back. With mpg lost on 87, it was cheaper for me to run premium. But don't take mybword for it, find ou for yourself. If anything, I would put in at least 89. Unless you're boosted, then you have no choice but to run the good stuff.

I was using RP oil as well since I had a hookup. When things change, I went with Mobil1 because it fit my budget. Just stay discipline with your change interval and you'll be alright.

Are you still in Daygo?

thanks for you imput bro,
yes sir i am

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Mobil 1 full syn and as long as u put Lucas full fuel system cleaner every 5 k it should reduce your spark plug tearnwear a little less but you have to be ready for a weaker spark and weird spark plug wear due to that these trucks aren't really for neglectful conditions

Bulldogger

Reaction score
87 octaine is fine on a stock truck. That is all my son's 2007 Tacoma Double cab 4x4 has ever seen. Toyota even mentions a loss of 5hp if 87 is used over 91, you are not going to notice 5hp. As far as oil goes Walmart is usually good for Quaker state full synthetic for about 21.00 for 5Q container.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
When i was on a tight budget i ran penzoil platnium synthetic in it

Top Bottom