TOB TSB done!

Discussion in 'TSBs' started by toyota_rod, Apr 23, 2011.

1. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

i just got my truck back from the dealership, new bearing, fork and cylinder.....no more squeak! the clutch pedal is pressed with very little force and the clutch engages pretty quick and strong. Its enough of a difference that i have to get used to shifting again....still early in the repair but ill keep this updated as i rack up more miles

2. blastap

blastap New Member

I should go get this done, I just get anxiety when I let the dealer touch my stuff.

3. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

I'm putting mine in the shop Tuesday to get checked out. I haven't heard the squeak in person but I have a squeal and I dunno what the hell it is.

4. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

5. Baggins44

Baggins44 Active Member

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=41370

Post #9 is what it sounds like, it goes away when u press in the clutch. I had mine fixed and 5,000 miles later guess what?

I'm going in Monday.

#5 Baggins44, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  6. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

Congrats, I love the fact that I don't hear that squeak anymore. It's been about a month so far since I've had the TSB done.

I also noticed that the clutch pedal doesn't need much force to press. Had to get use to it since before it was a lot more stiffer to press.

7. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

Hey rod did you tell them what was going on with it? Was it doing it every now and then or all the time??

8. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

it wouldnt make the noise when i came from offshore until i got on it like on the highway then when i would stop at my turn it would start squeaking...i brought my truck in at least 4 or 5 times complaining about it before and they would just replace the bearing or say there is nothing wrong with it..all you have to say that it does it sometimes and sometimes it doesnt...there is a tsb for a reason

9. fmap4life

fmap4life New Member

Sweet!! Thanks rod, has ur truck started falling apart from them subs yet? Lmao

10. babyboi2284

babyboi2284 BaggedXR2284

Lmao x2 on this ^^^^??

11. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

no..i actually layed the box down and installed 2 12" full range woofers in an angled box and threw a 1000watt wal mart sony on it...its ridiculously loud but very clear and the bass is amazing...thats 14 speakers total now...ill get a pic of it here in a second..i have my truck down here in fourchon

12. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

it all looks cheesy now but im just trying to get the sound im after and eventually ill take it all out and make a fiberglass cover and build a frame on the sides for the amps and get it all pretty but im in no hurry..slowly but surely and this big yellow beast is parked across from me..intimidating indeed

Attached Files: