Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

too much camber??

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with camber ATM. I have the Performance Coilovers and the front is still cambered -1.8. Eccentric bolts are completely maxed out. Is there anything else I can do that will get it within -1? 1.8 is just too much for me.

Glad to see that you got your kit installed. -4 degrees is a noticeable amount of negative camber. You might want to give the shop another try at getting it within spec. Or possibly take it somewhere that you know deals with lowered cars/trucks. You're not alone with people that can't get it to dead zero. Even we're at a little less then 1 degree. If everything was done correctly with the alignment, could you have over torqued the shock assembly when you put the new coils in? if you compressed the new springs too much then your truck is lower in the front then what our springs intended and you would have more camber. Also these coils do need to settle and will need to go back to the shop afterwards. I usually tell people to go back after 3-500 miles, then again at 1000 miles. everything should be good to go by then if everything was done correctly.

As far as the spacer, I know there is one out there but I'm not sure who has them. I haven't pursued it since I have not had the issue.

autobodyX

Reaction score
I have mine as low as anyone I know on stock 18s and have no alignment issues. The adjustments are not always easy for the alignment shop to make and often they do not hold because of technition error. Have you tried more than one alignment shop? Send me or post pic of each of the front adjustment bolts. They do the camber and the rear does caster.

bluedemon

Reaction score
could i also see a pic of your bolts alignment (sorry if im digging up a dead thread) but just did xii springs and the alignment shop told me the couldnt get all of the camber out.... which i think is bullspit but i need to get my facts straight before i bitch and moan, i wish i still had access to an alignment rack...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
The XII Performance drop can absolutely get back into stock alignment spec. Unless your eccentric bolts are frozen.... it if everything is free your alignment shop doesn't know what they're doing.

Roby124

Reaction score
could i also see a pic of your bolts alignment (sorry if im digging up a dead thread) but just did xii springs and the alignment shop told me the couldnt get all of the camber out.... which i think is bullspit but i need to get my facts straight before i bitch and moan, i wish i still had access to an alignment rack...
I currently have a similar issue with the xii springs. first shop couldnt get it right so I took it to a shop that does alignment for all types of race cars and theyre the ones that realized that the alignment tabs were bent outward so the adjustment bolts werent sitting properly where they should be. Taking it this thursday to finally get it fixed (if hurricane irma doesnt hit Miami) and Ill let you know if that fixed the issue.

Total chaos sells a kit to fix this because apparently this is a common issue with toyotas according to the tech. Below is the link for the kit. I didnt buy the kit but the shop I am taking it to will be doing something similar.

http://www.chaosfab.com/2005-2015-Tacoma-Lower-Control-Arm-Cam-Tab-Gussets-59860

Top Bottom