Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You ever hear me calling you stupid, be demeaning or disrespectful to any thing you have said or done, Kevin? Let's not forget who graciously hosted you here, in my house, without hesitation and helped you with your truck. I'd VERY much appreciate the same level of respect and consideration.

Once I do pull the engine, that cam gear will be pulled apart and inspected. Remember though. I am not using them for any phasing action. Just a locked gear. There are a couple of ideas floating around as to what to do to lock the phaser, besides what has already been implemented. Gadget mentioned some tack welds. That could be ground off if necessary. Adding an additional screw is another. Or getting some UHMD cut into pieces to fill the voids around the phasers' lobes.

We'll see when the time comes.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
You know where the button is, just delete it like usual. I forgot this xru, not TW or fb page.

If the cam phaser is locked due to your cam profiles being super agressive, do a leak down test make sure the valves didn t make any new homes on the top of the pistons. But you allready know that I bet...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No need to delete it. That is beyond any forum. Just a simple matter of personal man to man respect.

Robert looked around each cylinder with his bore scope. Said all of the domes and walls looked good. Did a compression test shortly their after.

Being that one bearing is removed from a rod, and that the oil pan is removed, it is too late to do a leak down test. I'll be able to completely inspect the pistons and valves once I pulled the engine out and apart though.

Gadget

Reaction score
After looking at the pictures, my idea of tack welding the bolt is not going to work. The bolt is steel and the housing is aluminum.

You could weld it on the inside and never have to worry about it coming loose.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is actually what came to mind when we were discussing that.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Oh no Mark sorry to see this.... This is unbelievable all that time.... Hopefully u can get it fixed quick...

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Even with an oil pressure gauge, he wouldn't have known about the problem until it was too late.

Gadget

Reaction score
Your right, in this case an oil pressure gauge would of not of been any help.

It would of show high oil pressure even with the relief valve open. Pressure does not mean circulation.

Kind of like boost does not mean power. Put a banana in the tail pipe and you can show a lot of boost, but you are not going to be making a lot of power....

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Your right, in this case an oil pressure gauge would of not of been any help.

It would of show high oil pressure even with the relief valve open. Pressure does not mean circulation.

Kind of like boost does not mean power. Put a banana in the tail pipe and you can show a lot of boost, but you are not going to be making a lot of power....

G

Agreed. High oil pressure can also point toward problems....but this is assuming that the bearing failed due to excessivly tight oil clearance and not lack of oil pressure.

But im just gonna shut up now, like I should of in the beginning. :rolleyez:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil pressure sensor adapter.

#2 main cap.

All from the spare engine.

Gadget

Reaction score
Got that thrust bearing lapped in really well.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally an update.

A little memory jog.....

The Dr Seuss oil squirter.

And JB to the rescue!!!

I currently have studs holding the main caps on not sure if I will keep them in there. I've gotten some things in the works. We'll see how the pan out.

Gadget

Reaction score
Is this your super engine, or the stock hold you over engine until the super engine is ready again?

Where did you get those studs?

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the stock spare engine. Seems every time I get in there, it gets a little more upgraded. Lol.

Those are 2JZ head studs.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I keep getting lost on this build. So correct me if I am wrong

The super duper engine is being repaired after loss of oil pressure? And a spare is being put in now???

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. The spare engine is being put back together. That way I can get my inspection done, and take my time on the sleeved engine.

Doublld

Reaction score
Do you need arp flywheel bolts for the spare engine I have lots of parts for cheap to make the spare engine strong

Top Bottom