Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
he is claiming that 15 psi only made 500 max on his turbo engine? same 1gr?

Most likely a stock motor. Something similar to what happened to Sparky's Tacoma. As far as the 15 psi to wheel HP is concerned, there are many things to take into consideration with that. What size wheels was he running? What rear gear? Probably 3.73. How good was the piping efficiency? What kind of fueling did he have done? Those could easily make it "only" 500 whp.

Jap

Reaction score
I know nothing of this, which is weird as there are only 23 people living in Australia.

:D ha ha ha ha ha

I'll have to look into it, see if I can 'get up to speed'

TORSPD, is the walbro fuel pump a straight swap or is there modification involved?
Are you using a stock fuel reg?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Very slight modification is necessary. Simple splicing and swapping hoses. Right now I have the stock regulator. Every time I have wanted to get an aftermarket one something comes up. I plan on getting the Tomei Large diaphragm FPR.1:1 raising pressure, with boost. Very nice. Quite necessary as well. Sad I never got it sooner.

Gadget

Reaction score
The stock fuel pressure regulator is more than fine for maintaining the proper fuel pressure with the 255 LPH pump upgrade.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To wha amount of wheel HP though on which size injectors? At 15 psi, I am getting pretty close to maxing out the 668's at the 43 psi stock pressure. So instead of having to buy another set of larger injectors, for about $600 more, I can just add a raising FPR to the setup, and it will make the injectors capable of handling the higher boost, with out need larger injectors. Will help keep fuel oscillations down to a minimum, as well as only costing about $180. Also has a tap already in it for a fuel pressure gauge, which is a plus.

Gadget

Reaction score
Great idea.

Just I get calls all the time from people that say "I heard on the Internet" that if they install a larger fuel pump they have to install some goofy fuel pressure regulator also. That just is not the case. The stock fuel pressure regulator can bleed enough fuel to keep the fuel pressure where it is supposed to be at idle. I know on some vehicles, the bigger pumps overwhelm the stock fuel pressure regulator and the pressure shoots up at idle and drops under load.

You are going to have that puppy ready for a demo ride at Tex-Fest right??

G

Super Werty

Reaction score
I call 1st dibs on a Texfest ride:laugh::rock:

1. Super Werty
2. Gadget

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, i'll have it ready in a weeks time tops. Just need the time to get in there. This weekend will be abusy one, i guarantee. As long as those gaskets get here before the weekend. Looked at ordering a set of Denso Iridium Race plugs. To bad those things are $36 each or I would have.

As far as ride alongs go, we'll see. ;)

Gadget

Reaction score
I will bet you will crushing down the XRunners big time.

Lowered it.

Got stock size tires or there about.

Gear ratio advantage in the diff.

4x4 for ultimate launching.

Way more power than the TRD Supercharger.

Yep, I think there is a lot of potential there as long as you can keep the heads nailed down.

G

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
If Texfest happens... And sorry boys I'm sure I'll have dibbs on first ride-a-longs :eviltongue:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If Texfest happens... And sorry boys I'm sure I'll have dibbs on first ride-a-longs :eviltongue:

She is correct. Have alot of things to take care of soon, and TexFest just might not be a possibility this year.

Gadget

Reaction score
Tex fest might not be, be what??

Are you saying the event is not happening, or your truck is not going to make it, your not going to make it??

What exactly are you saying here?

G

STONER-X

Reaction score
his truck wont make it cause he is a PHONY!!!!!!! :smile: its just a base 4 cyl with a tape deck.....

i call BS on his claim to lame with this never ending rocket truck......

i think the only thing his truck has in common with a rocket is it always has metal flying from it on take off...

OOOOoooooooooooooo....

j/k

that even makes me want to cry a little haha

Super Werty

Reaction score
Texfest is still a go! I just dont think Mark will be able to make it.

It better still be a go, I already bought my plane ticket:laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Geez. lol. I just meant that Britt and I might not be able to make it. Even with my truck fixed.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless someone on Craigslist decides to buy my wheels and tires, it won't be in the budget. Priorities come first.

Top Bottom